Sadly Leaving the Fold.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
You're right, this is an excellent forum, almost all posts are are friendly and helpful. Despite the fact that my current Mercedes is my fourth, I've only been here since I bought my new C300 about six months ago. There are other forums out there that are comparable in friendliness and usefulness though, they aren't all bad. I've been on a few, and am currently fairly active on two others, one on Alfa Romeos, diminishing since I no longer own one sadly, and another on motor racing, I used to work in that business, but now largely from a historical viewpoint.

I've also tried "aggro forums", name calling and constant pointless arguments, I gave up very soon, something I don't doubt many others on here have experienced. Don't know about the rest of you, but apart from "nice" forums like this one, I don't "do" social media at all, so no Facebook, Twitter, or any of the others. I am now just past retiring age, but does that make me a dinosaur, in what will very soon be 2021?
Nope not a Dinosaur at all,
I don't do Fakebook, Twatter,
Snapcrap or any other sh1te like, that, do like me car forum's though, and have to say this and t'other Merc forum are both great. :):D

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Someone will be round for you to start the re-education process we don't allow people to leave the fold.

You will be collected and sent for training, no replacement is available for your family to encourage compliance.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Someone will be round for you to start the re-education process we don't allow people to leave the fold.

You will be collected and sent for training, no replacement is available for your family to encourage compliance.
Sounds like “the Borg” :D

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Hope that things will improve for you Jim, and as many others have already said, feel free to visit and comment..just because the car is gone, does not mean that the experience has gone too !!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!!

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Sorry to see you go but hopefully you will stay on the site, they are a great bunch.
Good luck for the future what ever that may be.

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and comments, it just reinforces my opinion of what a great forum this is.

I will stay in touch for the gentle humour and almost total lack of rubbish from anyone on the site, it's been a breath of fresh air after some of the war zones I've been a member of. :D

The car may be gone but I will remain.

There's a very good chance that I will officially become a "right Cock" in reference to my next car. Thanks for pidgeon holing me Mr May.

It'll save me close on £150 a month, which I know is not much for you guys who can spend that on a night out just on drinks, but, it's a big saving for me and one that needs to be made, anyhoo, 'nuff said soonest mended as they say.

Thanks again everyone! ;)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
That’s a good chunk of change to be saving each month Jim and I’m sure any one of us in a similar situation would be doing the same, I know I’ve had to do exactly that in the past.
Remember that when one door closes another one opens,

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Fixed that for you...:rolleyes:

That is very true, it's you that has to open it. I have a Grandson at Uni doing Film and Media Studies and sadly he thinks doors will just open automatically for him :rolleyes: I have a contact in Anglia TV, the Father of one of the presenters, and have tried to get him to get in touch with but to no avail. I have spoken to the friend and laid the path, but still nothing from the boy. I do worry about what the future holds for him. :(

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and comments, it just reinforces my opinion of what a great forum this is.

I will stay in touch for the gentle humour and almost total lack of rubbish from anyone on the site, it's been a breath of fresh air after some of the war zones I've been a member of. :D

The car may be gone but I will remain.

There's a very good chance that I will officially become a "right Cock" in reference to my next car. Thanks for pidgeon holing me Mr May.

It'll save me close on £150 a month, which I know is not much for you guys who can spend that on a night out just on drinks, but, it's a big saving for me and one that needs to be made, anyhoo, 'nuff said soonest mended as they say.

Thanks again everyone! ;)
Big chunk of change that jimbo. Good luck on the next motor. Keep in touch

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Sorry to be losing a fellow C207 owner from the forum, but as said £150 A month is a lot of dosh, but definitely keep coming on the site, and hopefully in the future you might get another Merc. :):D

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
It's been 2 1/2 years since I got rid of the Merc, but I'm still around. Great forum with great members. I like to still pitch in where I can as I learned a lot since I joined.

It sounds like you are getting a B..M.... Sorry I can't bring myself to say it!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
£150 a month , is (according to my calculator :rolleyes: ) £1800 a year , £18000 a decade , now we are talking proper money :eek::eek::eek:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's been 2 1/2 years since I got rid of the Merc, but I'm still around. Great forum with great members. I like to still pitch in where I can as I learned a lot since I joined.

You can say “it” but for your own health go and gargle with caustic soda afterwards :rolleyes:

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400

If it's a auto he'll never need his left hand again. I mean BMWs don't actually have indicators do they? :eek:

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

No, it's the other bunch of Cocks Bob, the Audi bunch. B..M... and I don't get along as I can't get comfortable in their cars.

I only got t'Audi because it's all round cheaper than my Merc was, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, cheaper to maintain, and it's a diseasal, with much of the same equipment inside, the only thing missing is the kudos that comes with the Merc. :(

This was amply demonstrated to me when I was driving to do the exchange.
In the Merc as I drew up behind people they would look in their mirrors, see me coming, and then pull in and get out of the way. :D

Different case in the Audi, several drivers were determined they were not letting past, some even sat out in the outside lane for miles while the inner lane(s) were clear. :mad:
And they have the cheek to say Audi drivers are cocks! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I'm all set ready for the teasing to begin when I finally reveal what I bought. I know this is going to happen because 'er indoors first words were, and I quote, "Oh FFS! that's a hairdressers car, why'd you buy that? It's a womans car ya daft berk"

No more clues required. Let the banter begin. o_O

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
£150 a month , is (according to my calculator :rolleyes: ) £1800 a year , £18000 a decade , now we are talking proper money :eek::eek::eek:

Yep quite a chunk of dosh when you do the sums mate.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom