how much mobile data should I get?

ian lunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS, E CLASS CONVERTABLE
Hoping to start new job shortly and will need to use Sat-Nav most of the day (3 days a week), Thinking using phone (google maps) but phone is currently on pay as you go sim only, looking to putting it on contract but don't know how much data I might use, Don't want to be stuck with high monthly bill if job does not work out so looking at unlimited calls and Text so I can keep costs down by not having unlimited Data, question is how much data would I use
Shy.gif
?

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Google maps doesn't use much data if I'm correct a few mps per hour.
You can get great deals on 5GB usage now a days. £14 a month I got for my son that's including a new oppo mobile phone. Plus Google also has a download feature

OP
I

ian lunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS, E CLASS CONVERTABLE
Thanks guys that gives me something to go on.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I get 10gb for £10 with Vodafone SIM only from a couple of years ago so you can likely get more data or for a lower price today.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I get 10gb for £10 with Vodafone SIM only from a couple of years ago so you can likely get more data or for a lower price today.

They are doing 160Gb for £20 ATM

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Unlimited as bolt on data is expensive and I 2nd Waze. Uses lots of battery tho, so turn off Waze when not using it.

Last edited:

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Vodafone unlimited lite is currently £22 p/m.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Be aware that the lower unlimited data tariffs have speed limits which is probably not an issue for nav usage but still, if you can get a non-restricted tariff that provides you with the amount of data you need then it may be a better option.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Unlimited data unlimited speed is £24 pm but not necessary unless you will be gaming or streaming movies etc.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom