EC light on. no air con

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, with the air con off and the controls turned to min, if the heater still blows hot air, it should be just the duo valve faulty and stuck on hot.

Welcome to the forum :D:D

superaquarama

Reaction score
Hi Chappersrugby,

Are you saying the EC light goes off but you still don't get cold air ? If so cannot help, but if light remains on see my posting a couple of items back (starts W203)

Hoggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 220 Cdi 203 Manual
Got my 220 Cdi sorted just in time for the heat wave ... Star diagnostics/recharge/Star re-rest ... top notch service and at really competitive price

Will certainly be using them again ... WIRRAL-MERC 0151 632 0006

chappersrugby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On my 5thMerc.wife has Freelander,son has Honda S2000
chappersrugby

Hello and welcome, with the air con off and the controls turned to min, if the heater still blows hot air, it should be just the duo valve faulty and stuck on hot.

Welcome to the forum :D:D
Hi and thanks for this info'.
Now , can you tell me where the duo valve is located on my model[c320 petrol 2001 reg]. I read an earlier thread about how to dismantle and clean and I hope mine is as easy.
I'm a competent mechanic on engines,brakes,rads etc but on what I term modern systems like aircon I'm clueless.
Regards,
Andy

chappersrugby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Chappersrugby,

Are you saying the EC light goes off but you still don't get cold air ? If so cannot help, but if light remains on see my posting a couple of items back (starts W203)
Hi , yes ec light is off since the garage reset it and the computer analysis shows no faults.The sysatem is charged but it still blows hot air. Television has suggested the duo valve which I'll try as soon as I can find it.lol. Thanks for the reply

chappersrugby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For models 129,140, 202, 210, 215, 220, 463 Up to the 15-08-99

If you have the EC light on all of the time on the above cars, the cure is to replace the temperature sensor.

This sensor for the refrigerant leaks moisture so that incorrect values are transfered to the control module and air con is turned off.

Replace sensor.
Hi Malcolm,You kindly replied to my question. I seem to have difficulty navigating around this site. I did reply to say thank you and also to ask wjere the duo valve is located? Thanks Andy[chappersrugby]

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm,You kindly replied to my question. I seem to have difficulty navigating around this site. I did reply to say thank you and also to ask wjere the duo valve is located? Thanks Andy[chappersrugby]

It is shown in the link in post 46 but not that easy to see where

Later this evening I will find a how to and post back

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Having just read this thread from start to finish (though it has some very old posts on it) There seems to be a lot of garages telling customers that the dash has to be removed to replace the temp sensors (heater core, evaporator, and cabin air) at one point I thought mine was gone on my AMG and did some investigation, and I believe the only time the dash needs to be removed to fix the A/C system is to replace the Evaporator, well this is the case in the 208, 202, 210, and I think the 129, SLK and the 124 possibly others too but can only comment on what I believe to be correct.
Also depending on the year the E/C light on could indicate system on and also system off, depending on the type of system/year/model of the car.
If the car has the LCD panel (climate control) commonly found on all the above MB chassis's, you can monitor and reset all the A/C functions that STAR can do, but the problem is interpreting these readings, also this LCD panel can fail (quite common failure on the american forums).
I have posted this hoping this has answered some of the unanswered posts on here, and for future reference.

chappersrugby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:)
Hi,
Having just read this thread from start to finish (though it has some very old posts on it) There seems to be a lot of garages telling customers that the dash has to be removed to replace the temp sensors (heater core, evaporator, and cabin air) at one point I thought mine was gone on my AMG and did some investigation, and I believe the only time the dash needs to be removed to fix the A/C system is to replace the Evaporator, well this is the case in the 208, 202, 210, and I think the 129, SLK and the 124 possibly others too but can only comment on what I believe to be correct.
Also depending on the year the E/C light on could indicate system on and also system off, depending on the type of system/year/model of the car.
If the car has the LCD panel (climate control) commonly found on all the above MB chassis's, you can monitor and reset all the A/C functions that STAR can do, but the problem is interpreting these readings, also this LCD panel can fail (quite common failure on the american forums).
I have posted this hoping this has answered some of the unanswered posts on here, and for future reference.
:):)Hi,Many thanks for this it does help a bit though I'm not up to speed on acronyms like STAR. Cheers for the advice though. Andy

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

chappersrugby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, Thanks for trying. I have ordered a manual on cd from ebay.Hopefully this might help.Cheers,Andy

Sam/Unit Fan

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C class 270 CDi avantgarde
I had the EC light on and no air con problem but not anymore. After reading this forum and thread, the nice man at MBS of Southampton fixed the problem. One email and a phone call saw me arrive at his premises in Burlesdon just off Junction 8 M27 and in 20 mins I was heading back up the motorway cool as a cucumber. Computer reset

Thanks Colin, great service.

Regards

Peter

MBS details:
E.mail. MBS@mmt2.vpweb.co.uk
Web site http://mbsofsouthampton.co.uk

alan782

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi (211) avantgard estate zzr1400(2012)
I had the EC light on and no air con problem but not anymore. After reading this forum and thread, the nice man at MBS of Southampton fixed the problem. One email and a phone call saw me arrive at his premises in Burlesdon just off Junction 8 M27 and in 20 mins I was heading back up the motorway cool as a cucumber. Computer reset

Thanks Colin,

Now Colin has a fan club, how come Malcom hasnt??:lol:

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Thanks Colin,

Now Colin has a fan club, how come Malcom hasnt??:lol:

SAM is a much nicer person than me;):D

alan782

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi (211) avantgard estate zzr1400(2012)
While i have to agree he is a dammed nice chap, he is very helpfull and takes time to explain things he is doing(and Dave) I do not believe he is a nicer person and he lies about his age:):)

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,

Thanks Colin, great service.

Regards

Peter

MBS details:
E.mail. MBS@mmt2.vpweb.co.uk
Web site http://mbsofsouthampton.co.uk

Ok guys, now i know what your talking about!

Thanks Peter for the kind words, simple common fault.

Again, go,s back to people not knowing what there doing with aircon and how the merc system works!

Another happy customer is always a customer!!

Top Bottom