W203 C180 Coupe Climate Fan Clicking

roheel

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Yesterday when i switched the climate control on there was a clicking sound coming from the dash. It was one click every 2 sec i would say. If the ait flow control is set to the dimist part it will start the click. If air flow pointing forward or down to the foot well i would have no click. During this test there is always air coming out of both footwell blowers.

I have tried the flap reset procedure and that hasnt helped.

I rang an indi near me and he wanted best part of £400 to fix the issue saying the whole dash would need to come out.

I really cant afford that as ive recently been made redundant. Is there a cheaper fix or can someone help me on the forum. Im based in Bexley.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The dash does not always have to come out, it depends on what motor has failed, it does need a STAR test to tell you what one has failed or is playing up

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
Hi mate.

Hope your well. What's the cost of a star check now a days then?

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
I will call around on Monday. From what ive been reading its a common issue. They mention a flap rod too? Is it both that go?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Did one friday, was only the lower flap, consol out and motor, replaced the rod, job done, you can do all but one without taken the whole dash out............

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
Wht was the cost of that an was the clicking coming from the centre top of the dash? Is it something I can do myself?

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
The replacement motors, have they been updated to last longer and can I replace myself ?

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
Television, have you got the instructions from merc on how to replace the motor and arms?

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
Done some investigation work just now and the clicking is deffo coming from the top f the dash. Footwell air and face air work perfectly, just when I try the demist setting then the clicking starts. So from this it must be the motor there not the common footwell motors... So to fix it will be very expensive right...

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Whislt the complete dash does not always need to be removed certain sections do depending on what motor/ link is causing the clicking. Its best to get it diagnosed and go from there. There is more than one motor in the upper region of the dash and the noise can travel. You may also have more than one giving trouble. It really is best to get an idependent to have a looky for you and go from there.....

OP
R

roheel

Reaction score
Hi I see your based in Londond. Are you an indi?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom