Cls command

Neel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 330
Hi all

Newbie here

I am looking to buy a cls in the next coming month.. Just wanted to know if the car has a factory sat nav, is this what they call a command unit...

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I understand that I need a command unit if I want to add a iPod in the car afterwards ( using a denison unit)

Any help would be appreciated

Neel

N

npuk

Yes the sat nav unit is called Comand. Forget the Denison better off using the Mercedes ipod kit.

If the car is MY09> it will have the newer Comand NTG2.5 system which will have the media interface in the glovebox which will let you connect an ipod directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob law

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320
Command

On my 2006 CLS the command was an extra, so be sure you buy one with it already included.

OP
N

Neel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 330
Thanks guys.. My cls will be 2005/2006.. Most of them don't say anything about a iPod player so I assume it won't have anything built in.. That's why I thought something like te Denison unit would be the best way to go

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
At that age I would buy one without comand and then put the newer NTG2.5 comand in there, you can save a good grand on a car with it comand and it will cost you no more than this to fit it, maybe a fair bit less.

The older comand is now very dated imho, I would rather add a decent Alpine double din unit that gives superb nav, bluetooth, dab, full ipod control and more.
Saw one of them in an E Class the other day and have to say that it looked really good.

It was this one....

http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/navigation-systems6/ine-w925r

N

npuk

Thanks guys.. My cls will be 2005/2006.. Most of them don't say anything about a iPod player so I assume it won't have anything built in.. That's why I thought something like te Denison unit would be the best way to go

There are better solutions than the Denison like the Mercedes ipod kit or mcar interface.

The car will have an aux input as standard. This will let you listen to the ipod via the car but not charge or control it. You would need one of the above for full ipod functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
A shameless plug directing you to the classifieds where I have a NTG2.5 for sale.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom