Newbie Linguatronic Questions

B

bensonhedges

So I have the new, to me, CLS (350 Grand Edition) and it has Linguatronic. I have done the voice recogntion exercises and this is what's eluding me so far:

If I have the map on screen, for instance and I pull the stalk, I only get navi options - Can I pull the stalk and say "radio" or "audio" and get music options instead, or do I have to be in the music screen for that?

Does it only understand a limited set of command words or instructions, or does it "understand" as does Apple's Siri, so I can talk to it naturally? If the former, where can I get a list of these commands?

Why won't my iphone 4s bluetooth to the car? Or is that a whole different can of worms?

Only had it a couple of days so I am sure it will all become clear but all help welcome - thanks!!

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
You have to be in the correct menu under the speedo display (change menu using left/right button.
You should see the menus displayed just under the speedo e.g. TRIP / NAV / AUDIO etc.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
With Linguatronic you can say What you want switch to, Radio, CDC. There are a set of command words recognised plus you can add your own for radio stations and contacts. Ask you dealer to order up a handbook for you. Only approx £15, for mine anyway!

iPhone will only Bluetooth to a BT puck not direct to COMAND.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The early linguretronic where awful she would get it right 1 time in 10, I would say TV and be told that it did not have one, it was easier to push the buttons, the newer ones about 06/7 on are much better and quite good.

Pop into MB and get the book and do the voice training program, its well worth it

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Until you get a book simply pull the stalk and say 'Help', The kind lady will then list all the commands available to you. To narrow it down to a specific function say e.g. 'Help CD' or 'Help Navigation'

I find Linguatronic very convenient and use it a lot :)

OP
B

bensonhedges

Until you get a book simply pull the stalk and say 'Help', The kind lady will then list all the commands available to you. To narrow it down to a specific function say e.g. 'Help CD' or 'Help Navigation'

I find Linguatronic very convenient and use it a lot :)

Thanks to all for words of advice - this one I think will be particularly useful!!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom