Whats with all these tampered number plates?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
During my monumental weekly miles, when its dark, I am seeing so many vehicles with what appears to be tampered number plates.

The area around the registration is somewhat tinted, darkened, clearly darkened and the couple of mm at the top remains normal. Some is a straight cut film type of thing, others appear to be some sort of chemical that's spreading/wearing etc. What is this stuff?

I thought all modern cameras are designed to combat tampered number plates. The police patrols don't seem to care but, if I was a traffic cop I'd pull every one even though it may take a life time as they obviously have something to hide and usually will lead to further crimes no doubt.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Tinted number plates do seem to be the latest trend o_O I've seen loads too.

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I have seen some proper tinted ones that seem to be some sort of ridiculous styling attempt so that owners can b!tch and moan when they get a rectification notice, but if you look around when its dark, the headlights, clearly show a lot of cars which have some sort of film, covering, upto no good shizzle going on but, clearly only covering the start of the lettering all the way down.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Must be behind the times - what are 'number plates'?

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Audi A3 owners love a bit of plastic film (that's what they tend to discuss online to improve their cars)

Film on front and rear lights
Film on the chrome trim
Film on the grills
Film in interior trim
Film on roof and wing mirrors
Paint some nice looking alloys gloss black and wreck them

Nearly forgot... film on the badges too

People on those online A3 groups aim to make a decent looking car as **** as they can

I have seen some proper tinted ones that seem to be some sort of ridiculous styling attempt so that owners can b!tch and moan when they get a rectification notice, but if you look around when its dark, the headlights, clearly show a lot of cars which have some sort of film, covering, upto no good shizzle going on but, clearly only covering the start of the lettering all the way down.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom