Help! Immobilizer on C230 / W202

yozhik00

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K/1996
I have a 1996 C230K. I have a (not unique, by the looks of it) issue with the immobilizer where sometimes the car with unlock but when I try to start it the hazard lights and immobilizer lights flash, and the car will not start. Seems to happen more when the boot is loaded/battery weighed down.
I usually disconnect and re-connect the battery, and it usually works - but not this time. I'm inclined to have the immobiliser removed - recommended? If not, what else?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Hi welcome to the forum, a bit an into and hello are often appreciated :).

Anyhow is your alarm a factory mercedes alarm, if so it will be the siren thats foo barred as thats the control unit.

If an aftermarket but fitted by mercedes, time to dig and find the manufacturer (usually stamped on the alarm components). I would replace instead of remove.

If is happens when thier is weight in the car, could be a loose connection, they are what nearly 20 years old.

If you do remove be sure to infrom your your insurance co.

cheers have fun

OP
Y

yozhik00

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K/1996
"Hi welcome to the forum, a bit an into and hello are often appreciated" Thanks! Sorry to get straight down to business; I wasn't sure what the etiquette is on here :). I'm not sure what to say about myself except that the car in question is the (second) love of my life, and that my other half is quite keen to get rid! I'm a 33 year old Londoner, originally South African. Have owned other Mercs before, back home - a beautiful 123 series and a G the same vintage as me.

To the car in question - it is a factory Mercedes alarm, and what you're describing about the weight/loose connection makes sense.

Thank you for the advice/reply, appreciate it!

SLK4Ever

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK320, 1997 SLK230 & 1995 W202 C220
I have a 1996 C230K. I have a (not unique, by the looks of it) issue with the immobilizer where sometimes the car with unlock but when I try to start it the hazard lights and immobilizer lights flash, and the car will not start. Seems to happen more when the boot is loaded/battery weighed down.
I usually disconnect and re-connect the battery, and it usually works - but not this time. I'm inclined to have the immobiliser removed - recommended? If not, what else?

I have a 1995 C220 with the same problem. I am going to bypass the immobilizer https://karmanauto.com/product/mercedes-immobilizer-delete-immo-off/

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom