1994 C280: Right Turn SIgnal Not Working

Arv

Reaction score
Hello,

Right Turn Signal Not Working, When I check the Turn SIgnal Relay (Big Black Box like relay),
it makes a "oo oo" kind of sound when turn signal indicater is given but works fine when Left Turn signal is given.

Tried replacing the Relay, but exact same thing happens.

This makes me think it might be the turn signal lever switch may be or
is there something else in the steering column along with this switch
which may be causing this?

Please help.

Thanks,
Arv.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Try some electrical cleaner down the lever, as you have changed relay.

Try this, my turn sgnals were intermittent/not working well so as a "quick fix" I bought some electrical cleaner and soaked the lever mechanism in it. It took a week or so to work it's way through but since then 4 years of perfectly working indicators...I haven't even had to respray it again.

OP
A

Arv

Reaction score
Try this, my turn sgnals were intermittent/not working well so as a "quick fix" I bought some electrical cleaner and soaked the lever mechanism in it. It took a week or so to work it's way through but since then 4 years of perfectly working indicators...I haven't even had to respray it again.

yes, mine was also working intermittently but now just stopped.

Thank you. I should try that. Great idea.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom