Internal roof light

Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 180 Classic SE Komp 54 Plate
On my C180k Classic SE 2004 WDC2030... 66000 miles, the internal roof light does not come on when the doors are opened. However, the light(s) can be manually switched on

There does not appear to be limit switches in the car doors, so uncertain as to how the internal light senses that the door is open

Any advice as to how to rectify would be appreciated

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I've not looked in my Merc, but the interior light of my Smart is switched in the door latch somewhere

OP
I

Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
In mine it is a small body coloured push in switch. I'd never noticed it until I broke it closing the door on an unretracted seatbelt clip. Should give you some idea where to find it. Bought new one for just over a tenner, and an easy swap over. A new one will be black, but it's not noticeable when fitted. Youtube is your friend here.
Be aware that the internal lights don't come on unless it's dark. That caught me out. When my switch was broken it cause all sorts of electrical glitches, including not being able to lock the doors.
Try

Last edited:
OP
I

Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the various responses

Still drawing a blank, the internal roof light does not activate from any of the 4 doors

Could this be a clue as to the problem being with the electronic system in the car ?

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
A bit obvious, but have you checked the bulbs, fuse, or seen if there is a current to the bulbs when the door is open? Don't forget that this circuit will only work in the dark. Could it be your light sensor? I've not heard of these failing unless you've had a new windscreen fitted, Others may know better.

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom