Which Screen Wash Fluid?

Liamski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 A180 CDI Elegance
Seeing as MB are very keen on people using their own brand fluids on everything else I felt I'd better ask before acting. What Screen Wash fluid should I use? Do I NEED a special MB specific one, or can I make do with the cheap stuff from Aldi?

Cheers.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Is there a specific MB screen wash? You just need to use a decent screen wash & not a cheapo one

OP
Liamski

Liamski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 A180 CDI Elegance
So don't use water and White Vinegar like a neighbour of mine did on his W202 C class, then?

Is there a specific MB screen wash? You just need to use a decent screen wash & not a cheapo one

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
So don't use water and White Vinegar like a neighbour of mine did on his W202 C class, then?
That’s better than some of the stuff on sale that can turn to jelly in your washer fluid tank.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Seeing as MB are very keen on people using their own brand fluids on everything else I felt I'd better ask before acting. What Screen Wash fluid should I use? Do I NEED a special MB specific one, or can I make do with the cheap stuff from Aldi?

Cheers.
I buy the Halfords purple looking (-10 concentrated ) one when it’s on sale and water it down by 50% .

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
I try to buy Prestone concentrate when it's half price in Tesco. They do winter and summer versions (though that might just be the same stuff in a different container). Otherwise it's Halfords concentrate when that's on offer. (Is there a theme developing here?;););))

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I try to buy Prestone concentrate when it's half price in Tesco. They do winter and summer versions (though that might just be the same stuff in a different container). Otherwise it's Halfords concentrate when that's on offer. (Is there a theme developing here?;););))
You don’t care unless it’s a deal buddy ? :D

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
I have always used the MB one, always ask for a bottle when I am purchasing other items or get a discount on a couple. Expensive as screen wash goes but have never had a problem, no gunk in the washer bottle, no blocked nozzles.
However I never had a problem with Preston nor Halfords purple in the company car either. Just use good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I always used MB screenwash too - either WinterFit or SummerFit - now that's it's back in stock after a couple of years out of production, though my stash lasted me through that :rolleyes:

The important thing is to clean and disinfect the system thoroughly and then use the same brand / type consistently, to avoid potential reaction between different ones (coagulation might occur, won't be easy to get rid off). Never use just water, etc, as biofilm will form and all kind of nasty critters will flourish there.

OP
Liamski

Liamski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 A180 CDI Elegance
So it smells like the local chippy when he washes his screen :D
Yup. If only he was running it on WVO it'd have smelled EXACTLY like a chip shop!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I buy the Halfords purple looking (-10 concentrated ) one when it’s on sale and water it down by 50% .

Only 50% Wighty :shock:
I make up 20 litres from one 5 litre concentrate from Halfords, still clears the screen nicely ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom