Electric rear windows ( coupe)

Big Gordy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Previous c200k coupe, c350 petrol coupe, clc220d, e350cdi coupe present E220d coupe 2015
E220 coupe bluetec 2015
Help please. Just noticed that my rear windows when they drop slightly to let the doors open. They are not coming back up to closed position. I tried the auto all open and closed with the key and it didn’t work. So I changed battery in remote and that worked. But rear window still not behaving. any ideas how to reset perhaps.

OP
Big Gordy

Big Gordy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Previous c200k coupe, c350 petrol coupe, clc220d, e350cdi coupe present E220d coupe 2015
This isn’t a saloon it’s a coupe with pillar less windows
The rear windows drop away to let the front window drop out of the rubber surround to allow the front door to open. When the door is closed the windows all work together in sequence to close up.
The video seems too simple. However I will try tomorrow in daylight.

OP
Big Gordy

Big Gordy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Principle is the same.
Didn’t work. When the back window drop a bit to let you open the door, when I close the door the back window doesn’t move back up.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
So the front windows work as they should?
On mine I think that the sequence on opening or closing the door is front then rear.

The front is triggered by a microswitch detecting either door handle opening or door closure. I assume that the rear is triggered on the position of the front window.

It could be that this isn't registering correctly, hence the reasoning behind trying to reset the window position.

Another option may be that the window rubbers are adding enough friction to trip the cut-out on closing - do they close properly when activated manually?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
do you have and switch /button /lever under door catch for door windows that dont close had these stick /not move fully once or twice on my r230 ,caused a similar issue, found holding switch in proved point .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I had a quick look at that video, without the sound on, but my understanding of window reset is this:
- push the switch down and hold it for at least five seconds after the window has opened.
- push the switch up and hold it for at least five seconds after the window has closed.

Is this what you tried on all four of your windows? Edit with the doors closed.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom