Rear Drive Shaft Boot Replacement

Stephen Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI 2009
Good afternoon and thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

I have an 04 E 320 CDI Estate which has just failed the MOT because of a small hole in the outer CV Boot.

1. Having searched YouTube I can find no idiots guide that actually shows the Drive Shaft being removed, every video starts with the shaft out and on the bench. (Are there any guides available?)

2. Is there a downloadable Manual/Step by Step Instruction available to guide me through this job?

2. Does anyone know if it possible to just remove the wheel, Brake disk assemble etc etc and change the boot in-situ?

3. Does anyone know how many hours the job is supposed to take in the event I should have to remove the Drive Shaft Completely?

4. Is there a Universal Sticky Boot available that I could use without removing anything at all?

5. If anyone has done this job them-self, how much of a pig is it, having looked under my car, it seriously looks as though half the bolts will break and all the rubber mounts etc will come apart during their removal.

As stated above, very many thanks for taking the time to read

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
You can get a replacement that fits in place without removing driveshaft .Dont know how long they last but its up to you.
Search Youtube on - How to Replace CV Boots - Easy to install on the car in 15 min.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
BB I was expecting someone to say get a proper job done on it . It is an easy replacment,, and as long as you check them every now and then they should be as good as originals .

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom