Search results

1. Woodleigh

ambient lighting not working

I had a similar issue with my W205 a few years back. During the 'B' service, the L/H passenger kick panel is removed to change the cabin filter this necessitates unplugging the ambient lighting cable. On this occasion, it was not reconnected.
  2. Woodleigh

Alloy change

https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/e_class_w213_saloon_alloys/f/18-19-20/amg/auto/all/all/all/price_asc
  3. Woodleigh

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

Fit run-flats...:D
  4. Woodleigh

Battery control module location

On my W205 the "Battery Control Module" was located behind a small panel on the L/H side of the passenger footwell
  5. Woodleigh

MBUX. NTG6 - USB Ports

All the ports in my car are USB-C, and there are two in the centre console. The issue is (and as I understand it is a known problem) if I insert a USB-C flash drive with music into one port and another USB-C flash drive with speed cams into the 2nd port only one port will work. PS: I use USB-C...
  6. Woodleigh

Which brake fluid?

Agreed, Mercedes uses Fuchs lubricants & fluids as their factory fill.
  7. Woodleigh

Which brake fluid?

So what's wrong with MB 331.0
  8. Woodleigh

Which brake fluid?

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-218487-fuchs-maintain-dot-514-lv-premium-performance-brake-fluid.aspx?variantid=353702 Fuchs DOT 5 Mercedes Benz Spec MB 331.0
  9. Woodleigh

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

Aye, and it's quite some accolade when a marque such as Aston Martin are now installing this engine in their vehicles
  10. Woodleigh

MBUX. NTG6 - USB Ports

Does anybody know why MBUX / NTG6 only support one USB-C Port in the centre console; and can it be upgraded to support both ports?
  11. Woodleigh

The inappropriate badging thread

@malcolm E53 AMG What are your thoughts on de-chroming the tailgate?
  12. Woodleigh

Automatic Gearbox Service

Seem to remember I had the same issue with my W204, so I took it to an=n indie who drained the ATF (partial change) and then a month later changed the ATF again. Not very satisfactory but better than nothing.
  13. Woodleigh

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I have the same issue, I just clicked on your link and got this...
  14. Woodleigh

RIP Marcello Gandini.

One of the all time great motor designers (Miura, Countach, Uracco, X1/9 Quattroporte to name a few) is no longer with us.
  15. Woodleigh

W213 Brake Judder

Aye, although all Mercedes wheel bolts are now M14 x 1.5 pitch; my C Class was W205 & W204 were 130NM but the S213 is 150NM with the same size bolt.
  16. Woodleigh

W213 Brake Judder

Hi @malcolm E53 AMG I have always tightened my wheel nuts in a star pattern; firstly torquing to half the recommended torque and then to full torque. Using this method I have never had an issue with warped discs on any of my vehicles. Please see my attached screenshot from my manual and note...
  17. Woodleigh

Interior Clean help

Agreed, they should have ditched the piano black and stuck with this...
  18. Woodleigh

Interior Clean help

You could get it carbon fibre wrapped...,.That will protect it for life.
  19. Woodleigh

Trickle charger

This is the correct connection for a trickle charger on my S213. Look for the red sliding cover and this is where you connect the positive (red) cable and the brass nut (earth) this is where you connect the negative (black) cable. Hope this helps.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom