Search results

1. C

2012 E63 AMG Bi-turbo - servicing costs and buying tips?

Nice one, thanks Malcolm
  2. C

Well just to update this. I gave that one a miss, and in the end my head has won out over my heart. I've let the side down and decided that the e63 is just a bit too much car, so I've put a deposit down on a used E220D instead :D Same price as the E63 but 2016 new shape, AMG premium plus, and...
  3. C

Pre-purchase inspection - London/Southeast

Yes, that's also true - I forgot that MB tend only to keep newer models on. I told the dealer that I wanted to visit first and see the car, then if happy with it put down a deposit subject to then sending it for workshop-based inspection. He still didn't seem keen to take it to the indy...
  4. C

I must admit, my confidence in the dealer is not that high based on the conversations I've had with them so far. Thanks for the food for thought - I may take a pass on this one.
  5. C

No, a general used car dealership that has some higher end cars.
  6. C

Thanks all, that's good to hear. Looking forward to trying one out this weekend.
  7. C

Yes. Thought I'd talk to Mercanix in Farnham - they offer mobile merc inspections.
  8. C

Yes I was thinking that too. Might just be an inexperienced sales guy, I'll find out on Saturday
  9. C

Thanks for the extra info. rightly or wrongly I am getting the impression most folks only seem to hang on to these type of muscle cars for a couple of years or so. I'd be looking to have it longterm - any downsides to longterm ownership (apart from the pocket!) that I might not be taking into...
  10. C

Just to update this. Due to distance reasons, Alex recommended someone closer to the dealership for a workshop-based inspection. Top service from Alex, much appreciated. Unfortunately the dealer seems reluctant to take the car out of the showroom for a workshop-based pre-purchase inspection...
  11. C

Excellent, thanks all, I knew this was the place to come. I'll let you know how I get on.
  12. C

South, but the car is west
  13. C

Hi All As mentioned here https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/2012-e63-amg-bi-turbo-servicing-costs-and-buying-tips.184421/ I'm thinking of replacing my old c-class coupe with an E63 AMG. Can anyone recommend someone for pre-purchase inspections in the southeast? Thanks.
  14. C

Just to give something back, here's the list of checks I've come up with so far: E63 AMG W212 (M156/M157) Timing chain: Check for regular oil changes Check for chain replacement Check for rattling, harsh noises on startup, squealing tensioners, worn or discolour chain guides General...
  15. C

Can't tell if that's good or bad :) I'm intrigued
  16. C

Cheers all. Any recommendations on who to use for pre-purchase inspection on a car like this in London/southeast?
  17. C

Great info, thanks chaps. Discs look like a painful replacement. How reliable are the pano roofs on the 2012 E-classes? My S203 pano roof seized some time ago and my indy never really managed to get it unstuck for long.
  18. C

Thanks for the details. Nothing too pricey there, which is good to see. Any other tips gratefully received.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom