Search results

1. M

EML been on for six years with no apparent problem but MOT due.

Just to let you guys know the car passed the MOT fine, a few unrelated advisories but with the EML dutifully lighting then going off ;) the emissions test was ok, ( I did use Wynne's Pre MOT fuel additive and a long run after), I suspect that maybe the aftermarket 02 sensors a bit over eager in...
  2. M

This may be of interest to you guys and continuing from my lit EML (which now appears to work normally ;) )....I installed the app 'Torque pro' on my phone, (found a freebie), it's paired with the dongle plugged into the ECU connector £5 ish, also paired with the car audio system...Starting the...
  3. M

Thank you Stu, that's exactly what I've just decided to do..Appreciated..
  4. M

No, I'm not sure, maybe I'll just leave it to the guys to diagnose now you've mentioned it..It had to be the one under the car didn't it?..Thank you my friend.
  5. M

So is 'bank 1 sensor 2' pre or post cat please?
  6. M

That's indeed exactly what I would do, unfortunately the eml comes on every time I crank the engine after dousing it...Must admit I was tempted to stand outside the mot station and keep dousing the light with my phone via Bluetooth.
  7. M

Ahhh, last question (maybe), is this bank 1 sensor 2 pre or post cat please?
  8. M

Hi Umblecumbuz, it previously got through the MOT with the light on with just an advisory to highlight that there was some sort of problem. I had both sensors and the MAF replaced previously but I bet they weren't Bosch ones, maybe cheapy ones.
  9. M

I shall order a Bosch sensor and get it replaced by my usual little garage around MOT time in a few weeks..Will let you know the outcome then..Really appreciate your advice Oldspanners, thank you.
  10. M

Thank you Oldspanners, is the heater circuit inside the sensor, as in change the sensor and you automatically change the heater cct.?
  11. M

Hi again, just an update, apparently doesn't appear to be an errant oil drip here but I do have the app Torque lite on my phone so cleared the fault codes and each time they came up it was only immediately (after 0.5 second) after starting. Every time this time it was just the one code, P0141...
  12. M

Thanks for the heads up Oldspanners..You guys are brilliant..
  13. M

Ahhh right, not as far as I know but shall look into it..Thank you Oldspanners and thanks for the speedy reply..
  14. M

Hi guys, have read the codes pertaining to the EML, P0141, P0130, P0101, and P0136...Have had the O2 sensors both replaced, twice in the past and the MAF three times, cures the EML problem but comes back on after a few weeks, of course with the MOT due it would be a fail straight away. Any...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom