Search results

1. Submariner1

Problem with OE Suspension Spring 20 to 25 mm shorter?

Update: Apparently despite having the right MB OE codes on the Website their Tech Dept say - these Spring are not suitable. and thankfully they have arranged a return shipping label and a refund! Fortunately MB still make them, 5 days from Germany - went that route.
  2. Submariner1

Suspension Top Mount block has no threaded holes for the bolts, just smooth holes

I bought Bilstein Top Suspension Mounts (coil spring retaining plate, bearing block, and bump stop and gaitor) because MB no longer make them for a 2002 car. The OE ones look similar except the 2 holes for the bolts do not have a thread inside. They are possibly slightly tapered holes. Looking...
  3. Submariner1

Problem with OE Suspension Spring 20 to 25 mm shorter?

Ordered a set of front Springs from Autodoc, Make Bilstein reduced from £68 to £19 clearance stuff. In the OE section it had my genuine Mercedes replacement PartNo. Note I only bought these As I had to get OE Top Bearing Shock Mounting plate and Block. My bump stop in this was disintegrating...
  4. Submariner1

Best type of coil spring compressor?

Thanks Guys I like “the go to local garage“ for them to do.
  5. Submariner1

Thanks guys they both look better.
  6. Submariner1

I somehow lost my last set of spring compressors, so need to buy some. Doubt if I will need these again after doing the front springs on my Wife's A Class, as the CL has ABC. So just 2 springs to do. Looking at 3 types :- 1. cheapo black iron £8.69 has 2 claw hooks. 380mm. Are 2 pronged claws...
  7. Submariner1

Wife’s A168 broken front spring and looks like this has gouged the bush.

Hi Bad news no more top mount parts from MB. discontinued. possibly Good news … if they fit. Autodoc have Bilstein springs and matching top mounts - for both sides £127 plus £8 postage. 70% off springs and 51% off Top mounts, so they were not cheapo stuff at full price. Beats MB at £311...
  8. Submariner1

Thanks Guys regarding the actual Coil springs they have 2 makes ANSCHLER £28 SACHS £42 which is the better one?
  9. Submariner1

E Class 211 - suspension noise front left

Hi are Lemforder any good? wife A Class may have to go non MB for the top suspension rubber mounts if no MB ones in Germany. As they look different to WIS , can one phone them? And or does one get basic fitting details in the box. MB have 3 parts and Lemforder picture shows 4 parts.
  10. Submariner1

MB want £103 each i.e x2 as doing the other side. Note have changed the rears last year. 2 years old and 71,000 miles. Local dealer has no bushes, maybe ex MK or Germany. so looked at euro car parts £56 each. the brand is Lemforder … never heard of them. is is worth it? Any views. I have always...
  11. Submariner1

Whats the risk ref Buying non genuine Wheel Speed Sensors?

Decided not to chance it, in case it was not the sensor. MB genuine less discount was £124. Fitted it - and thankfully ALL works. ABS, ESP, RunFlat Indi, and the electronic parking brake now works properly again. Q Tested the 2 electrical pins. No resistance, Open circuit. should there be a...
  12. Submariner1

Whats the risk ref Buying non genuine Wheel Speed Sensors?

Got then ABS ESP Non operative and the Run Flat indicator message, checked on MBII and it says its the back left WSS. I always buy genuine MB parts, but having replaced all 4 sensors @ 9 years old at 44,000 miles and now 5 years later and only 9,000 miles more, I have lost a front and now a...
  13. Submariner1

ABS and ESP lights keep coming on - power steering goes too

Agreed, the rears are now £115 plus vat = £138. Mfg cost circa £5.
  14. Submariner1

Cl500 abc problems

Also worth checking the sensor links arm, they tend to seize up with rust. ( in the plastic cups) , and then the arm part of the sensor does not move and could snap off. Imrepalced all 4 but kept this as it cleaned up perfectly. What CL500 do you have? 216? 215?
  15. Submariner1

ABS and ESP lights keep coming on - power steering goes too

All those issues sound like a wheel speed sensor has failed. My Originals did 9 years and 44K miles. All replaced 3 were dead, and the other had a short historic blip. Then surprisingly last month one of the replaced front ones went in 5yrs and 9K miles (newer part no.). Had that fixed and Star...
  16. Submariner1

Any SL63 AMG owners circa 2016 to 2018 Engine ?

Thanks Actually virtually no late SLs period! I will wait till the autumn , when there used to be more for sale. But they are achieving MAD prices atm. Apparently partly due to supply, shortage of chips ref Ukraine War. And this salesman said the usual SL buyers just dont like the new...
  17. Submariner1

Rear Headrest on C216 stuck up!

Thanks , I think I have a problem I just hear a click.
  18. Submariner1

Is Mum’s old C 270 cdi worth rescuing? 62,000 miles one owner. Leather seats, aircon, power steering and parktronic.

Very much appreciated, I was worried the piston rings might have rusted solid. and had no idea what would happen to 3 year old diesel fuel
  19. Submariner1

Rear Headrest on C216 stuck up!

I never use these, but doing a leather clean I pulled them up to get gliptone all over them. from memory to raise them you manually pull them up, and to lower them you press the button on the wooden console and from memory there was a clunk and they fall down. But now nothing happens? any ideas...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom