Search results

1. kotecki

W211 Rust issues

Copied from a Mercedes-Benz 2003 document. The 211 had it from either very late December 2003/January 2004 Build date:: After four years of development work, an innovative new clear lacquer is set to go into series production at Mercedes-Benz at the end of 2003. Ground-breaking...
  2. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

Golly gosh gee wizz The Mobilio number we use and guess what?? I have just tried it and guess what?? It is NOT AN RAC NUMBER Unlike some folks, I check out fact from lies.. and the number we use, the number I use is: 00800 1 777 7777 I don't care what others use, whatever number they use...
  3. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

Sorry Mioba No kisses, no tongues :eek::eek:I have only logged in to clarify two very fundamental points. Yes, I have been publically called a liar!! I do not understand the attitude of anyone that can call folks a liar and then not back it up? POINT ONE I quite clearly, quite plainly stated...
  4. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

I apologised privately to the moderators last night and here I am apologising publically. My bad and I sincerely apologise to the moderators and those unfortunate enough to read my comments. All I can say in my defence is that I strongly dislike being publically called a liar. Nuff said as I...
  5. kotecki

Wing mirror won't adjust.

Yup, If you are handy with a soldering iron then do not let anyone tell you to replace that mirror. I purchased some extra flexible wire from Maplins (Are they still in business?), plus some of that shrink wrap tubing. Then, off with the mirrors and I cut out the relevant area that flexed and...
  6. kotecki

Any F1 fans

Sadly I do not think that excuses him from how he criticised the team over the radio. He did that in the full knowledge that we would hear it... 'Win as a team, and lose as a team' It is easy to accept the applause when the team works well, but when things do not go as well as we would...
  7. kotecki

Consumption view

Fancy you not knowing what RTM stands for ;);) Fancy you not finding the relevant information in the handbook;);) I am definitely with you on both counts. Guilty as charged or GAC Every time I want an answer, I spend ages looking through the manual and zilch... narda. Great at Health and...
  8. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

WHY are you doubting my word? Instead of making these allegations, I have given you the number of the Exeter dealership... Why don't you 'put up, or shut-up?' Dead simple. Saying I am daft for taking the word of the General Service Manager is offensive. I called out Mobilio in January of...
  9. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

MercedesSouthwest in total have five dealerships. I have NO idea how big an area their Taunton dealership covers so to make thing easy to understand.. Their Devon and Cornwall franchaise covers 3966 square miles so if we were to add the Taunton area we are well into the 4,000 mark...
  10. kotecki

Mobilo -a Summary

rf.... I think you post is a bit daft. PLEASE read my post before putting pen to paper ;);) You will see in my second sentence that I was just talking about the Exeter dealership. I was very, very, very specific about the coverage AND the dealership. Look at my original post and further on...
  11. kotecki

Simple motoring

Never got to drive one, but would LOVE to own one... The Mk1 Lotus Cortina, what a car. I had the MkII 1600GT Cortina which was really a cheap version of the 1600E. My vehicle was a two door and anything over 80mph would see a huge gap opening between the top of the drivers door and the...
  12. kotecki

W211 Rust issues

SWTA JLR=John Lewis Retro? SWTA= Dyslexic SAWT team member or... Stop With the Acronyms :) Why oh why can't we speak English instead of ACRO-nese? :D:D
  13. kotecki

Why did you chose the model you bought? Not engine size, car model.

I think the biggest dislike was the exterior mirror blocking her view. Yes the car felt slightly wider, but she drives\chauffeurs me about in my 'stretched limo' or Sprinter van and has NO problems with that vehicle. The external mirrors obstructing her view was 'a deal breaker' She is an...
  14. kotecki

Why did you chose the model you bought? Not engine size, car model.

After an extended period of ownership of an E-class we had a new S-class for seven days... My wife did not like it, and she was not for turning. We ended up with the latest 213. I was desperate for her to have the S-class, and I would have ordered that nice deep, metallic red with beige...
  15. kotecki

Any F1 fans

What are the panel's thoughts regarding the 1994 Benneton traction control allegations? Did the car use traction control during that season when it was banned?
  16. kotecki

Any F1 fans

Yup and long may that continue. I guess if I logged onto a Dutch site and made similar observations about Verstappen, I would get the same flak :) At the moment I am watching the film 'Schumacher' and again, I am NOT a fan of that driver but do I dislike him? Anyone that is interested in...
  17. kotecki

W211 Rust issues

I think the longest we ever owned a car was approximately three years. The 210 was fully loaded with the options we wanted, but as soon as the estate version of the 211 came out. The 210's days were numbered. We kept the 211 for seventeen years, which for us was some achievement but the boss...
  18. kotecki

W211 Rust issues

I confess that to this day I feel so lucky selling the 210 as quickly as we did as to me the bodywork issues with the 210 are an embarrassment to the marque
  19. kotecki

Any F1 fans

Grammar has never been my strong point but it is churlish of me to say to you how you dislike someone.. I simply do not know you. :rolleyes: As far as I am aware, no one, but no one is perfect?? Is it acceptable to make observations about the things we watch on TV? Or should we all tow the...
  20. kotecki

W211 Rust issues

Hi Charly I TOTALLY agree with your wise words and I would hate to think that folks might think I am talking rubbish. We sold our S211 on Autotrader in June of this year (sold within five minutes) I took some pictures of the car to place in the advert and I have now simply cropped the area...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom