Search results

1. rikvdub

New Benz member

Here’s a pic from earlier today after I washed it.
  2. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I think they will make my 320, it’s funny how wheels can make such a dramatic change (sometimes for the better and worst)
  3. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Staggered 17’s accompanied with 225/45/17 and 255/40/17 Michelin pilot sport rubber
  4. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Finally I have got the wheels and tyres sorted! Thank you everyone who has help me through this with your help and advice and also you patience!! But now I can rest and I’ll pop up a picture once they have arrived and I’ve got them fitted. Again big THANK YOU TO ALL
  5. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I didn’t even clock the et size. It’s no problem I have a back up set incase these didn’t work that’s why I’ll asking. I’m. It ignoring anyone I’m asking for advice to get it rite!! The back up set are.... Front & Rear wheels : 7.5Jx17 ET35 5x112 Also there are another set which are: Front...
  6. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Ok so I’ve chosen a set of wheels and they are....... Front wheels : 8J 18 ET20 5x112 Rear wheels : 9J 18 ET27 5x112 And the tyre sizes will be..... Front 225/40/18 Rears 255/35/18 Will this set up be ok? Because as JBell states the wheels should be 7.5 and 8.5 however mine are 8 and 9...
  7. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I think I’m just being picky. I don’t want to buy wheels just for the sake of it nor do I want then to be like everyone else. Something a little different
  8. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Picking wheels is a nightmare! First you have to find a set that you actually like (a lot) then you have to make sure they fit and once you got all that you then have to chose the correct rubber. But if you ain’t got all the above or even just two out the three your straight back to square one...
  9. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I found a set of wheels that I like and there 17” however there staggered fronts 8.5j and rears 10j but the offset is 13 & 20 Would these fit ok or will I need to fit spacers? Thanks Rik
  10. rikvdub

Oil light puzzle...

Yes mate. I asked the guy this question and he couldn’t answer me. But I still don’t understand why they didn’t fit this??
  11. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I didn’t really want to have to do any alterations to the arches. I’m going to rethink my options and look into 17” rims now I think
  12. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Thanks to the link. Do you think these wheels would fit with the size that you mentioned earlier? Or will they not fit at all without causing problems
  13. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

These have an offset of Fronts et20 Rears et27
  14. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I have a 2001 SLK320 R170
  15. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

No that’s not the tyres that are fitted, that’s he tyre size that I was thinking of fitting to them. So you think there to wide? https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/Tyres/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-PS2/295-35-ZR18--99Y--N4--mit-Felgenschutzleiste--FSL-/R-167074
  16. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I think the only way to find out if they would be to wide with the good old trusty trial and error lol
  17. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

Do you have standard suspension? Maybe I’m being a little to wide??
  18. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

That’s why I’m asking as I was wondering if the SLK 32 AMG had wider wheels. Because of so as there on the same body I thought it might not be an issue. But I don’t know what the standard tyre size is for them lol
  19. rikvdub

Is my rubber too wide??

I’m looking for a little help regarding The size of my tyres. At the minute I have the standard 16” wheels with the original size tyres all round. I’m Purchasing a set of staggered 18” AMG wheels. The fronts are 8” and the rears are 9”. Being that the car will be lowered 30mm all round...
  20. rikvdub

Replacing old for new

Yes mate, I forgot this but this I will have done once I have the new wheels and tyres for it. I was going to do it after the suspension but think it would be better once wheels are on as the wheels are 18” where as at the minute I o my have 16’s.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom