Search results

1. L

Clicking behind glovebox?

Hi, I have a clicking noise behind the glovebox in my w202, it sounds like a relay switching on and off (it's not a click click click) and will happen randomly. Are there any relays behind there? If so, how do I get to them. Thanks.
  2. L

Do these wheels/tyres fit? Read this post first!

What size tyres do you think I should use, I'd prefer some wider ones on the rear if possible to fill the arches out a bit. Oh and thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
  3. L

I'll try again, I've found some 17x7.5 1999 CLK wheels, part number I've been told is 204011602-71/2 j8. I can't find any information on the offset, can anyone help please? They're for my W202.
  4. L

ASR, what's it feel like?

There are no lights, I've been doing a little digging and I'm now wondering if it could be the flex disc?
  5. L

ASR, what's it feel like?

Hi, Accelerating away in first gear, if I put my foot down a bit there's a sort of rumble like feeling from the back end for a split second, no noise though. Is this ASR working or something bad? Thanks.
  6. L

OK, I've seen these wheels for sale, they're off a 2014 a class, he says they're AMG alloys, I've taken a look and I think they're 42.5 offset. Would these fit my W202
  7. L

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
  8. L

Hello, I've seen a set of wheels that I like, I've taken a look at a website linked in this thread to see if they'd fit my car and I think they would...I just want a second, third & fourth opinion I have a '99 W202 c200, The size is... They’re a staggered 18” set up 18x8.5 +35 18x 9.5 +38...
  9. L

Grinding noise

Thanks so much for your help guys, looks like I'm in for a little bit of work here
  10. L

Grinding noise

And does it need doing or is it OK to leave it and just put up with the noise?
  11. L

Grinding noise

Thanks for your answers gents, how big a job is it?
  12. L

Grinding noise

It's definitely not a chuff, I'll take a look after work, thanks!
  13. L

Grinding noise

Yeah, I was hoping for something like that. I didn't have time to look after work so I'll take a look tomorrow, do you think a loose spark plug could make that noise?
  14. L

Grinding noise

Hi, My w202 c200 has a grinding noise at the beginning of the rev range then it goes as the revs go a bit higher, it sounds like it's coming from the top of the engine I've had a good listen and it doesn't sound like it's coming from any of the pulleys. Any ideas please? Thanks.
  15. L

W202 Steering wheel

On m On my previous car it was 330mm, so to me it's a whopper!
  16. L

W202 Steering wheel

Do you know if any aftermarket steering wheels fit? I'm not fussed about the airbag.
  17. L

W202 Steering wheel

Hello, The steering wheel on my w202 is like a bus steering wheel, I'm presuming people have changed theirs to something less planet sized. Any ideas as to what people have done? I've tried doing a search but I don't think the search function works properly for me as it just comes up with no...
  18. L

Another noob :)

No, we leave that to people from Tasmania
  19. L

C200 gearbox noise

Thanks, next weekend I'll be doing a mini service so I'll check that too.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom