Search results

1. Gary5

Hello! 1971 250C

Hi Gary Moore from Rockford IL, this is Gary Moore from Leicester UK saying hi to a namesake, not many of us about so its a pleasure to say hello. I have an R231 SL350 and a 1972 classic Fiat 500L, both for fun. Welcome to the forum buddy.
  2. Gary5

Morning All

And they said the name is dying out! Welcome.
  3. Gary5

Mercedes R230 SL350 VU53BXW

You will find its MOT history on this link if that is any use in your decision making, doesn't look to have had too much wrong over time? https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en
  4. Gary5

Help?!

So then does R stand for roadster? As in R231, but these are also convertibles, or coupes?
  5. Gary5

Audi Drivers!?!

There is no slow lane, only driving on the left and 2 overtaking lanes, with requisite indications as to your intended movement, out and back in to the left. Unless of course you're a member of the Cloc's (Centre lane owners club).
  6. Gary5

Red button in boot to lift roof up not working

Hi Paul, when I lift the boot lid up on my R231 SL350 with the roof folded in the boot, as soon as the boot lid is fully up, the folded roof lifts up to allow storage access, the boot lid is the trigger for this movement. The red button is what I press to close the roof back down into the boot...
  7. Gary5

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Well its goodbye to the E Class, 3 years of excellence comes to an end as she goes back to the lease company, and sadly, cant get another one from my company. Nearest I could get in the class is the Volvo S90, which compares, almost. But all is not lost, I still have my best car, the SL350...
  8. Gary5

There are always smiles and comments about the Fiat, mostly I think they are laughing at me, as I am not your standard size individual and fitting in the thing requires techniques best not mentioned. But that's fine, it's all part of the fun and I can take some ribbing. The SL however, I go...
  9. Gary5

Yes, when you start with the metal cutter, and don't know where it will end, hoping for enough good metal to be left in place to work with is the first big learning curve. But at the end, after a lot of work and head scratching, the value in the whole job is to have one person say it looks a...
  10. Gary5

Indeed they do
  11. Gary5

Hi Wighty, thanks for the comments. The SL has been on my wanted list for some time and now I am very pleased to have it, a great car and a pleasure to drive. The "horrible little red thing" has been with me for many years, I gave 100 quid for it and set about it as you can see, bringing her...
  12. Gary5

Thank you for your kind welcomes to the forum. Here's another photo of my stable mates. They just fit nicely in the garage. Cheers Gary
  13. Gary5

Hi everyone, new to the forum but not to Mercedes, driving an E220 and just bought this R231 SL350, after wanting one for many a year, and as you can see by the photo, contentment is in place now. Cheers Gary Moore
Top Bottom