Search results

1. A

Buying an SL500

Ok guys, I've had a change of heart. I really fancy a W221 S350 or S500. It will be an earlier one, 2006, 2007. Are they better built than the W220s? I've had 2 of them (S320 and S280) and they constantly had suspension problems. Beautiful to drive though
  2. A

Buying an SL500

That's reassuring, thank you. Yes, my first car was black. It is a pain, every tiny scratch stands out too
  3. A

Buying an SL500

I had a look at the SL350s listed on autotrader. I don't mind so much the drop in power but I really want a black one and the only black ones are SL500s. If they've already had the SBC and ABC issues sorted are they likely to reoccur? And they haven't had them sorted and it goes wrong how much...
  4. A

Buying an SL500

Thanks for the great advice everyone. So I'm better off getting either the less powerful SL350 or an SLK? I like the SL as it's bigger but the SLK could be an option too as long as it's not too cramped inside
  5. A

Buying an SL500

Thank you for the welcome Blobcat. That's a shame. I thought that might be the case. My other options within budget are a BMW Z4, Lexus SC430 or an older Porsche Boxster. My preference is by far the SL500. It looks amazing but I'm not sure It's worth the risk on the reliability front
  6. A

Buying an SL500

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an SL 500. With my budget it will either an 2003 or 2004. I've had a 2000 S class before and, while lovely to drive, it had constant faults, particularly the air suspension. Is the SL500 similarly unreliable? I think it looks great. I haven't driven one yet...
Top Bottom