Search results

1. vincentfishing

Please help!!! 2.3 cdi brake issue

Might be worth reposting a thread entitled ''Anyone on forum in (your area) that can do an abs bleed '', you might get lucky
  2. vincentfishing

I dont think it matters what make car or model you have, the abs is full of 'valves' i believe, so once air is in it you have to activate all the valves to release the air while bleeding the system, the only reason i came across this was i changed pads in a car i had and didnt clamp off the...
  3. vincentfishing

when you changed abs unit, did you bleed abs unit with a diagnostic tool that does abs bleeding if not, this could have been original problem(air /dirt pushed back into abs by pad changes done badly)I am pretty sure the only way to bleed the system and include bleeding abs(which if newly fitted...
  4. vincentfishing

ML 270 CDI High Pressure Fuel Pump Connections

one other thing you could do as you had no problem before you took tank off is use the vacuum pump(assume it has a gauage/dial on it) to test your flow and return pipes individually for air leaks ,its extremely hard to 'see' a split/damaged pipe, its very easy to see a vacuum dial dropping...
  5. vincentfishing

Help Please!!!

or. tell us where your located and someone near with the right diagnostics might be able to help ! (socially distancing , with gloves and masks doing essential maintenance, before anyone bites my head off !)
  6. vincentfishing

94 C220 Draining battery, buzzing sound near air intake

on the left by air intake on my ml was a vacuum actuator with a filter hanging off the bottom which gave an annoying buzz when engine off and looking under bonnet, took a while to identify it as source, didn't drain battery though,
  7. vincentfishing

C270 w203 not starting in freezing cold help!

when you say you did leak off test they were all ''in parameters'',, what were the actual results in ml's over what period of time and what were your parameters ? Only asking as sounds like typical sign of worn injectors when cold weather causes problem starting and no problem starting when...
  8. vincentfishing

Ml 270 cdi 05 glow plug module location please

just googled part number ,is indeed glow plug relay
  9. vincentfishing

Ml 270 cdi 05 glow plug module location please

just gone out and had a look ,front right looking at car is fuse box with flip up lid, behind this is cover of ecu and wiring held on by about 4 torx type screws, take lid off and you will see ecu ,tucked behind ecu vertically held by a springy steel clip is what I believe may be what your...
  10. vincentfishing

Top leak on manifold 270 cdi

I didn't remove the thermostat but did disconnect all pipes in that area, also remove egr pipe/manifold but not the last section that's banana shape and attaches to the head, was a very tight giggle to get it out and in again , but doable
  11. vincentfishing

agree most likely o ring, but as the the sealed flaps are sealed from the bottom of the manifold and the leak is at the top have my doubts its the delete part that's leaking
  12. vincentfishing

Put a couple of pics of manifold up when you take it off , be interesting to see what the delete and sealing rubbers look like, you might have noticed that my on my previous two pic attachments, the manifold in the 1st had been previously deleted by a 'mechanic' using nuts bolts and...
  13. vincentfishing

Did mine a short time ago, don't think there was any difference in the bolt lengths and there are no gaskets, just rubber type inserts that seal the inlet ports that I reused with no problem, would be surprised It would be showing from the top and not the bottom , you sure this couldn't be...
  14. vincentfishing

IPA due in today/tomorrow

excuse my ignorance, what do you use it for? I have some which I use for cleaning injector parts in ultrasonic bath
  15. vincentfishing

W203 220cdi won’t rev over 3000rpm

I have mb11 and had a similar fault which did not show on mb11 diagnostic, was a vacuum pipe which had detached from egr so the above comments are (in my opinion) not really helpful to posters or potential posters looking for help and might be put off by negative comments, people come on here...
  16. vincentfishing

ML 270 CDI High Pressure Fuel Pump Connections

one thing that's definitely going to get it going is eaystart, use brake cleaner(supposedly less harsh on engine) if your worried about easystart, once it gets the engine firing on it, it will resolve any air or low fuel rail pressure issues(crack open the first injector fuel injector nut to...
  17. vincentfishing

Ml270 , 2003 , project

Always on the look out for a project, depends what comes up, waiting for it to warm up before starting fishing this year,
  18. vincentfishing

Ml270 , 2003 , project

had it up for sale on fb for 2 weeks, had a couple of silly offers, had a couple of people asked to view and never turned up, 1st one who viewed it bought it, so wasn't too long a wait, thought it might take a while as short mot, 4x4 and not most economical. going to take as much smaller...
Top Bottom