07 C200

Willie

Reaction score
Hi folks
I regrettably had to move my 04 e200 along and am now on the lookout for another car.
I saw a C200 Elegance for sale yesterday. It looks like new with 65k real miles on the clock.
I will view it tomorrow and am just wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for..It passed Mot last November.
Thanks in advance for any info
W.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi folks
I regrettably had to move my 04 e200 along and am now on the lookout for another car.
I saw a C200 Elegance for sale yesterday. It looks like new with 65k real miles on the clock.
I will view it tomorrow and am just wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for..It passed Mot last November.
Thanks in advance for any info
W.
If it’s the petrol M271 engine , Google that for more info , cam/chain problems can start at 80k miles , sometimes you get a warning of the issue by a few seconds rattle at start up .
Check there is no oil in the cam magnets electrical connection ( the round things) on the top front of the engine .
IMG_0765.jpeg
Check the rear subframe for excessive rust , there have been some issues (they rust from the inside)

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
If it’s the petrol M271 engine , Google that for more info , cam/chain problems can start at 80k miles , sometimes you get a warning of the issue by a few seconds rattle at start up .
Check there is no oil in the cam magnets electrical connection ( the round things) on the top front of the engine .
View attachment 84323
Check the rear subframe for excessive rust , there have been some issues (they rust from the inside)
That you for that...very helpful.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
We've had ours for nearly 8 years and we love it.
Found out about the possible problems with the M271 engine after purchase and was worried. I always start the car from cold with the radio off listening for the dreaded chain rattle, but she is always as smooth as silk. I change the oil regularly every year or5000 miles.
If you do buy fit non wicking leads to the cam magnets. Cheap easy job. Search here to find out why. Whitey has posted instructions here somewhere.

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and interest.
As it turns out I didn't get that car. It sold to the first test driver...so be it.

I would also like to get opinions on the 08 model C180 petrol.. Anything to look out for there.
Thanks...

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks for the info and interest.
As it turns out I didn't get that car. It sold to the first test driver...so be it.

I would also like to get opinions on the 08 model C180 petrol.. Anything to look out for there.
Thanks...
I think that’s exactly the same stuff to look out for ???

Top Bottom