126 Series V8 engine layout

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Don't forget the overvoltage relay, Stuarts like many others had crumbled away, this supplies the correct voltage to all control units. pin 30 is voltage in. pin (s) 87 one or two pins (both) should have 12 volt on them.

Malcolm

OP
C

Charlotte001

Reaction score
Thanks Tomorrow I will check the voltage across each of the relay's under the bonnet, also the fuses in the compartment.

Charlotte

OP
C

Charlotte001

Reaction score
Update on Update

Fuel pumps are working, although there only appears to be one and not two. If there's supposed to be two then ill get a second one. The other problem I've located is all 1inch black pipes are in a terrible state so got them on order. Will let you know what happens on the rebuild.

And the CD arrived thanks it's a great help

Charlotte

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
shirubaby said:
I've got only one fuel pump as well. Not a problem

There is no reasoning behind one pump or two, one large pump was fitted mainly to early cars, all later cars had two small ones, many cars have been modified over to two, this goes for 124,and 126 cars.

Malcolm

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
Whats happened to Charlotte?
Has she dumped the Car and gone abroad for a bit of Sun? All quiet on the Western front as they used to say

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stuart_Hayes said:
Whats happened to Charlotte?
Has she dumped the Car and gone abroad for a bit of Sun? All quiet on the Western front as they used to say

No reckon she's still laying under the car, tell me Stuart, is the camping site under the big arch still in Frejus

malcolm

OP
C

Charlotte001

Reaction score
Hi I'm back from Hols going again soon especially if this car gets worse

Yep I went on holiday, although not much sun in January. No haven't dumped the car although got the engine to bits now !!! As all the electric components past muster.

The Workshop manual was greatly received (the old man is not happy about having engine parts in the kitchen.)

Will keep you upto date when I start to put the thing together

And not bad for a girl in a wheelchair is it :D (Warning to all neighbours who play their music at the traffic lights)

Charlotte

OP
C

Charlotte001

Reaction score
Ok here goes everything is back together and I've tried to run the engine but guess what!!! nothing it's turning over trying to fire with no go there is fuel/spark which should make the thing fire.

When I switch it off there is still a "hissing" sound coming from the rear of the engine. Does anyone know if there are any hoses there ? The CD doesn't show these. I'm guessing that the brake hose going into the rear of the engine is at fault. (Can anyone confirm this) I'm using this thought as it uses engine manifold pressure so leak in pressure (or is it depression) equal no engine go.

Charlotte

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom