126 Tie rod

falconho

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum hope somebody can advise me.I have a 1985 500 se. that i have just removed the Tie rod on front suspension along with the bracket that bolts to chassis 2 bushes. & rear of bracket balljoint & rubber bush at rear.Its the rear part of the bracket where the tie rod fits that i have the problem the ball joint & bush is US.I have been told i have to replace the whole assembly expensive. Is it not possible to replace just the tie rod ball joint & bush.
Thanks Ken.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi and welcome to the forum, I have seen this asked before, with luck Ian Walker or others will see the post and answer

redmansioner

Reaction score
Did you mean Mercedes Benz tie rod end?If this is left unserviced there there will be complications in the steering process.It will depend on the affected parts but I hope that you will not have spend too much.

OP
F

falconho

Reaction score
Hi in reply to redmansioner, the link to the 'tie rod ad' I assume that is an American advert, as your terminology is different to ours in the UK, we refer to the item you listed as a track rod end. Thanks for trying, I have sorted it out now with an excellent second hand unit, which consists of the aluminium unit containing two bushes which bolt to the chasis and to the rear of this is the rubber bush and ball joint which the tie rod locates in. It also came with the lower wishbone that the other end of tie rod bolts to, all back on the car, working perfectly and cured my problem. Thanks Ken.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom