190 coolant change

Status
Not open for further replies.

apache001

Reaction score
I have a 1993 2.0L auto 190e I want to change the coolant in the radiator... do I need to "bleed the system" to get rid of any air? if so how. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
There should be no need to bleed system After adding coolant and water start car and leave running for a few minutes with filler cap off .this will expand any air trapped.

mjtray

Reaction score
Just to add my two penneth......make sure you have your interior heater dial set to max red.

Secondly, as the other posters have said, have the expansion cap off and whilst engine is running, give both the radiator bottom and top hoses a good squeeze.

If you have a coolant sensor in the head, unscrew it and fill up the void beneath it with coolant and screw the sensor back in....this avoids an air-lock forming beneath the sensor which could then give false readings.

Banned
Reaction score
Sit the car on a hill facing upwards and when you are refilling the cooling system do it slowly so the air in the system will rise to the header tank. Also make sure the heater controls are turned to the hottest position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom