190E - Interior piping trim - Another 1 for Andy??!!!

mpowell

Reaction score
I have about 90% finished converting my 190E interior.  I origionally had the cream interior which is now being replaced with the half-leather trim.  However the piping that runs around the edges of the doors and the pillars etc.. is a nice cream colour when my trim is black.  Can i replace this easily? At what cost? Can I paint it some how? Technical advice appreciated, adverts accepted with a price please.
Thank you.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
190E - Interior piping trim

Hello Again

My advice would be to get a donor car. Or go to a breakers. I might have some grey trim in stock.

As to the ease of replacment, should be no problem at all if you have already replaced the rest of the seating. The trim just pulls of. If you can get the trim code. The dealers will be able to supply it no problem. With out the trim code, then you just need a switched on parts guy with a bit of patience to help you out. But the cheapest route would be to find a breakers. Buy this sort of trim from the dealers tends to be expensive. You could try asking them to see if a dealer in the country has them using their parts locater. Sometimes there is a dealer who has been stuck with them who might want to do a deal.

Regards
Andy @ www.mercedesservicing. (Who else!!!)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom