1999 e300 turbodisel brake sticking down.

chris walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 e 220
I have a 1999 e 300 and the brakes are fine but when the car warms up the brake pedal does not want to return and i have to use my left foot to pull it up. Has anyone else had this problem ? The car has never failed a test.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I have a 1999 e 300 and the brakes are fine but when the car warms up the brake pedal does not want to return and i have to use my left foot to pull it up. Has anyone else had this problem ? The car has never failed a test.
Take a look at this thread:
Brake pedal not fully returning
Sorry can't paste the link for some reason - use search at the top of the screen you need to select the 'more' option and type in the above.
Hope it helps....

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
I think that was my thread. It turned out in the end to be the plastic pin that the pedal pivots on had seized. It was about £2 for a new one off mercedes. I took the pedal assembly out, pretty much had to chisel the old one out, cleaned it up and greased it and fitted the new one, super smooth ever since.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I think that was my thread. It turned out in the end to be the plastic pin that the pedal pivots on had seized. It was about £2 for a new one off mercedes. I took the pedal assembly out, pretty much had to chisel the old one out, cleaned it up and greased it and fitted the new one, super smooth ever since.
It was Rob, and unlike some, you posted the outcome and solution!
Well done that man;)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom