2013 C220 Estate FM Radio signal/reception problems

stemcgoo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C220 CDI
Hi All, this is my first post, so please be kind!

I have searched already but cannot really find any posts covering my problem so here goes.

I have a C220 CDI Estate which has terrible FM radio signal quality.

Its the standard Audio 20 Radio (not DAB) and sound quality is fine, but it really does have poor FM radio signal quality particularly with local FM radio stations. National radio broadcasts are not so problematic, but can still sometimes suffer a touch of static.

I live in Oldham (north east Manchester) and I know signal can be a little dodgy for local Manchester stations like KEY103 in certain areas, but frankly, compared to other cars I've owned and driven, the problems I am having with this brand new MB radio are terrible. My wifes Volvo has no problems receiving them in the same areas.

The Service department at Mercedes Whitefield have been brilliant and tried to fix loads of times, and other than some mention of rear screen "burn out" the first visit, they've been scratching their heads and can't find a fault. They have even fitted an aerial amplifier last time, but to no avail, still no improvement.

Is anyone familiar with any similar problems - is this a recognised fault, or just a performance problem with the Audio 20 (I have to say I noticed very similar problems with an A-Class courtesy car....)

Any thoughts or advice are highly appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This could be a fault in the front end of the radio, to test the whole system simply pull the radio out and try an antenna plugged in. It all the stations are there, then the fault could be a faulty lead connecting the antenna system in the car to the radio.

If the radio is is still poor with a separate antenna plugged in then the front end down in the tuner.

There is no other way of solving it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom