204. SPORT vs ELEGANCE/SE

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
this may seem a bit obvious, but are there any REAL differences in the 204 between the sport model and the rest of the range, or are the sports just the same but with tweaked suspension/interior and a subtle bodykit?

i LOVE the look of the sport, but would i really be losing out on anything if i bought a lookalike instead, when the time/money situation allows me to look at such things? i appreciate the sport will handle better (i hope) but are they better spec'd as standard? more powerful?

As ever, all comments/opinions are much appreciated.

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
I think its just that.............."tweaked handling & suspension/interior and a subtle bodykit? plus AMG wheels, floor mats and sports seats. The ride is alot firmer and having driven both on the test drive i preffered my Sport.
Ps.........the grill is different which makes it stand out

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

jubhi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport Coupe Brabus D6-III, A150 SE, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
The interior trim will be different also. Sport has the Aluminium/Carbon Fibre look whereas Elegance and SE have the wood effect trim.

Also there are differences with the Multifunctional steering wheel, Sport and Elegance has more buttons and therefore more options to play with on the computer, SE has the basic steering with minimal options on the computer to check and set options etc.

With the bigger engined cars such as the 350s the Sport comes with drilled disks up front too.

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
Only Aluminium trim , not carbon fibre and yes the disks are drilled and have Mercedes logos on them ( Just checked on mine )
The sports dash is the same one as in the C63 AMG along with the steerin wheel

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
OP
turbopete

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Oh yes .....those flappy paddles which I havent used yet. Xenons are an extra on whatever model you chose

not sure theyd be an issue for me. id be looking for a manual, when the time comes.

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
Just to confuse things MB has brought out a limited edition C class model the Executive SE [ I'm guessing to "move metal" or in response to a similar rival manufacturer offer] which is based on the SE spec but with some extras- different alloys, the sports grill- better instrument display and Command/Sat nav.
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...ew_cars/models/c-class/w204/executive_se.html

I think that's the German market "Avantgarde" version. In between Elegance and Sport, so to speak

As to a differences between "Luxury" (Elegance in UK) and "Sport" - well in Canada "Sport" was a no cost option, so that should tell you something about any real differences. Half inch off the springs, different bumpers and 3 spoke wheel. No gun-sight. The selectable suspension setting maybe a Sport option only, now? We get the 250, 300, and 350 and the motors, tranny etc are identical on either version

Naturally, it being free, we all chose the Sport, and I don't think the luxury version is offered anymore. Maybe on the C250, but that model is really only a "price leader" to pretend that the C range starts at the same price as a 325 or an A4. I don't think you're meant to actually buy one:)

Unfortunately Pete, people are generally not happy with the manual

HTH

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
The sport did'nt represent value for money ... to me ........... spec is not only different .......look closely, and you lose some things over an Elegance ...............

I wont list, as there's too much between them ............... remember the Elegance has active ride, and is nice and smooth on the straight .....

Top Bottom