230 ce please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggy

Reaction score
Hi all, I wonder if any one can help, i am looking at buying a 230ce '91 J plate auto. What ahould I look out for? anything prone to wear? what are the engines like? any help any one can give i would be very gratefull for. Cheers Wiggy

nickh

Reaction score
As an owner of a 230e then a few pointers,

check service history, and check if all the fluids (oil,brake,autobox,coolant) are nice & clean. (should be if the history is good)
Check everything works, check the tyres, are they branded? cheap tyres usually means an owner cut costs too much- probably cut cost elsewhere.

How many miles has it covered? the 4 cylinder models may have a leaky head gasket.

If it's an auto then make sure change is nice & smooth,

of course its now 12 years old, there may well be some rust, try to look underneath

good luck.

OP
W

wiggy

Reaction score
thanks, looked at it earlier, took another members advice and looked at a 300 too. Bugger, the 230 was nice, a little rough round the edges but a good base to start from. BUT the 300 was smoother and more eager to please, had more toys too, but alas was not a well turned out...looks like a nice 300-320 could be my unicorn! Thanks for the advice though, really appreciate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom