280e suspension knocking

sean280e

Reaction score
hi..i have a 1998 280e saloon and i am having probs with a loud knocking on the front on both sides of the suspension (bushes/links or anything else).been told its this and that with no real answers...would be gratefull if any body could point me in the right direction.

also i have a noise coming from the power steering....sounds like a pin hole in a pipe whisteling when you turn the the wheel it stops but if the wheel isnt moving its there..sounds like its near the pump its selt..any advice would be most gratefull...

thanks....sean

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The anti roll bar bushes are one of the common things to knock on the suspension, there are of coarse other things.

I would not worry about the power steering,they do make noises.

malcolm

OP
S

sean280e

Reaction score
thanks for the reply malcolm. i will replace the bushes..i just dont want to replace everything..ie..prosses of elimination..lol..would cost a fortune

thanks again :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The way that we test them is to use a metal lever or iron bar between the bar and the chassis/frame, and check for movement.
Wait till you get some more answers.

Malcolm

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom