412d EDC light on

exare

Reaction score
Hi my 1998 Mercedes Sprinter 412d has an EDC dash light on and is in limp home mode.

I've had fault codes checked by MB - They say there weren't any faults & no fault codes displayed & technician was unable to reset EDC/light.

How can I reset the EDC/cancel dash lights & get out of limp home mode?????

cheers

jazzie

Reaction score
Hi, Doesnt sound right, if there were no fault codes then there is no reason for the light to be on. EDC stands for electronic diesel control, so it could be a number of reasons for it to be on, the easiest to rectify and quite common is a blocked fuel filter, check this first, otherwise get the fuel pressure checked, you could have a leaking High pressure fuel pump, another fault on sprinter, also get the injectors checked.

hope this helps

daz 585

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter
exare, can you just give a few more details?? ie... does it have an alarm and/or immobilizer fitted after market ones????
mb should be able to reset the dash edc light or a good derv garage with right soft ware, but if you still havent sussed anything answer the above if poss cheers daz

philsparky

Reaction score
hi if i were you id go back to mb with your bill and ask them to recheck ,if the edc light is on theres a fault in the system without doubt! you could check for corrosion around the control unit plug and believe it or not the rear lamp clusters,although this only gives a fault when the lights are on backfeeding into the edc

Top Bottom