450 SLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maldon

Reaction score
Hello

I have just bought a 1978 450SLC - quite good history (20 years with original owner) and apart from some relatively minor body repairs, the car looks and drives quite well. All electrics working, apart from the HRW, everything original, unopened first aid kit, orig radio - a towbar was fitted from new. How is best way to rid of that BTW?

Kickdown does not work, and the car seems keen to get into second and then third quite early, even if under harsh (ish) acceleration. Any ideas :?:

Apart from rust, what other faults do these cars have.

Wife has taken control of our C Class Est 230Kompressor - so hope the old 450 will not let me down...

mapab

New Registration
Reaction score
Adjust the kickdown rod. If its not set correctly then kickdown will also be disabled. Had the same problem on my 6.9. The kickdown rod adjustment was all that's needed.

Adam

OP
M

maldon

Reaction score
Adam

The engine was missing intermitantly and only firing on 6-7 cylinders. I changed the plug leads and its a whole new car. The gearbox works perfectly now changing up and down when you would expect. Kickdown also works well -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom