560 engine in a W124 coupe

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is this possible anyone know the procedure or have pics of previously done conversions. any info would be much appreciated as i have got hold of a 560 sec and a CE bodyshell.

Thanks Kuldip

Ian B Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300td
Oh Boy are you going to struggle. If you trawl the American forums I remember a guy doing it. The bulk head has to be modified as does the front cross member. The gearbox will have to have a custom cradle made and DO NOT forget about brakes, 4 pot are ok but 6 pot would be better. Your propshaft is going to have to be modified too. Use exhaust manifolds from a 107 as the steering box on any 201 / 124 gets in the way. The 107 manifolds branch out between cyls 2 and 3 and 6 and 7. I have fitted a 3.8 V8 into a 190 (not finished yet) and believe me you will have sleepless nights. If I were to do it again I would get rid of the steering box and fit a rack from a CLK. This is just the beginning, engine mounts Aghhhhhhhhhhh and it goes on.

OP
K

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
Cheers for all the advice Ian, basically i got a w124 coupe minus the engine its got mint interior, i got a complete 560 sec, so it looks like i got alot of work to do :S

Ian B Walker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300td
Junk the 560 SEC and find a scrap 230K, lots more fun :rolleyes: (says he who is going to do it later this year in a E220 Coupe)

OP
K

Kully E220 Coupe

Reaction score
Junk the 560 SEC and find a scrap 230K, lots more fun :rolleyes: (says he who is going to do it later this year in a E220 Coupe)

I was actually thinking to do the same thing in my e220 but couldn`t find a low mileage 230K engine. Oh well. Also i know i've asked before but anyone know how to do the R129 front conversion on a W124 CE??

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom