A210 Steering problem

KOALTY

Reaction score
Recently I noticed significant noise when travelling over 50mph with a sense of a rumble from the wheels. Thinking this must be wheel balancing I took the car back to garage to ensure wheels were correctly balanced - I had just had 2 new tyres (1 front and back) so I thought this would correct the problem, but I am sure this was just coincidence.

The problem has continued , the car is pulling over to the left (not very bad but much more than a simple road camber would do and even driving on right of road the car comes slowly left).

What I have noticed is that when I drive the car slowly (5-10 mph) the steering wheel 'jumps' left then comes back a little on every wheel rotation. I guess this translates in the sound/slight judder I get at higher speeds.

I have taken a look underneath to see if I bent anything recently (there have been numerous pot holes in my area and I know I have hit one or two recently) but I couldn't see anything obvious (not that I'm anywhere near qualifed to tell). The car has low profile tyres and you do feel the wrath of any pot hole when you hit one.

Any ideas? - car is still under warranty

Doyle

Reaction score
had a similar problem with my beloved clio it was also on low prof tyres and again pot hole central wjhere i live, found it to be a wheel bearing and also a bolt was missing where the anti roll bar connects to the cv joint IIRC. could be that.

Doyle.

OP
K

KOALTY

Reaction score
Problem solved - accidentally. Wife had a blow out on the motorway and putting spare on everything was okay. The tyre had a nail in so not sure if that caused it. Replaced tyre on the alloy and everything is fine

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
KOALTY said:
Problem solved - accidentally. Wife had a blow out on the motorway and putting spare on everything was okay. The tyre had a nail in so not sure if that caused it. Replaced tyre on the alloy and everything is fine

I guess that leaves us all slightly deflated. :eek:

malcolm

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom