About to pull the trigger on an Icarsoft V3 or is there a better unit? (diagnose lankeeping assist error)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
The title says it all. Will it do the job?

I’m getting “Active lane keeping assist inoperative” and “Active blindspot assist inoperative” .

Batteries are fine (one brand new and one (aux) giving good reading ~12.8v after several days of not driving).

The fault is intermittent but repeatable. i.e When the car has stood for several hours the system works. Then while driving, the fault occurs. The colder the weather the longer it takes to happen. Currently, after about 15 minutes.

Should I spend the money?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I got the v3 last year. top bit of kit and paid for itself on the first use and much more thereafter (on the W251 atleast).
If you look on the authorised distributors websites it may be on offer - i was lucky and it was 20 less than they had it on ebay.

Should you spend the money, that comes down to if you are handy with tools and DIY. If yes then go for it. If not it will be nothing more than information that an indy/dealer will charge you to tell you.

Bear in mind code readers are as good as the user, sometimes they give direction and dont tell you the exact fault.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Best to talk to U.K. Parts Direct one of the authorised suppliers they will enquire with the manufacturer as to which iCarsoft unit will diagnose the problem this is what I did and their response steered me to the iCarsoft PRO

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Best to talk to U.K. Parts Direct one of the authorised suppliers they will enquire with the manufacturer as to which iCarsoft unit will diagnose the problem this is what I did and their response steered me to the iCarsoft PRO
Thanks.

I’m in touch with the manufacturer. The say it (V3) will read the radar unit. I’ve asked them what that means. The last time I worked on a car was about 1970. :shock:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
The title says it all. Will it do the job?

I’m getting “Active lane keeping assist inoperative” and “Active blindspot assist inoperative” .

Batteries are fine (one brand new and one (aux) giving good reading ~12.8v after several days of not driving).

The fault is intermittent but repeatable. i.e When the car has stood for several hours the system works. Then while driving, the fault occurs. The colder the weather the longer it takes to happen. Currently, after about 15 minutes.

Should I spend the money?
Only thing I can say is benz turned my car into a brick. And icarsoft sorted it in ten min. So I am a fan. With ur issue, suggest you call them and ask.
I also have xentry but being dumb, and out of the country my licence had lapsed so that was another brick. Icarsoft is easier to use as well. Unless in depth diagnosis is required. Prob then is remaining familiar with it.
Someone managing to integrate icarsoft with command cud make a fortune.

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I’ll try to call them on Monday.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I’ll try to call them on Monday.
They were very helpful when I enquired my query was which product covered ABS wheel sensors on the MB S212 and battery registration on the BMW 4 series. As these devices (code readers) are playing catch-up with car design technology it will be interesting to hear their response

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
They were very helpful when I enquired my query was which product covered ABS wheel sensors on the MB S212 and battery registration on the BMW 4 series. As these devices (code readers) are playing catch-up with car design technology it will be interesting to hear their response
The list of new items for V3 is quite long.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
Our V2 has been brilliant sorting anything needed on our 10 and 13 year old Mercedes. So if the V3 does even more and you've checked it covers the specific you need I'd say it will be ideal for a reasonable price handheld.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Had those warnings on my SLC recently, new radar unit required, £600!

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Intermittent, but became more frequent.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom