accelerator pedal replacement

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
i have an idling issue with the van, had it plugged in and there were several fault codes, they were cleared down and one came back, the throttle position sensor in the pedal.

I've ordered a new one as it's something i can remove and fit myself, are these plug and play units? or do they need to be programmed?

thanks

Last edited:

thejohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C270CDI Estate Elegance
when my W203 went into limp mode and it was the accelerator pedal it was a straight swap out and took no more than 5 mins. prise out button unscrew bolt form button hole lift pedal unplug replace. if I remember correctly there is a lug that locates the pedal to the floor.
John

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
Thanks, I've already taken it off once, just to see if there's any way off cleaning it up etc, but it's a sealed unit

thejohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry I should have been clearer in my post, I did fit a new Accelerator pedal as above in my first post.
John

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
i did hear they had to be programmed, but the guy wasn't 100% certain, i've just bought a brand new genuine MB pedal, £75, hoping it's going to cure the problem

thejohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i did hear they had to be programmed, but the guy wasn't 100% certain, i've just bought a brand new genuine MB pedal, £75, hoping it's going to cure the problem

How did it go Coulson Eagle any update.
John

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
i bought a new pedal, fitted it, had the codes cleared, still the same, the code reappeared, and now got a DPF fault code, had to take it into Mercs to get it plugged in and sorted once and for all, apparently it's the throttle valve at fault, Mercs charged me £204 just to plug it in and diagnose the fault, all told Mercs wanted £785 to supply and fit a new one. i'm not paying that, i've ordered a new unit, and getting a local garage to fit it for me.

Then i'm going to do a forced DPF regeneration

fingers crossed it'll solve the problem

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
There is a document for these where there is a fault code for the throttle pedal that relates to high resistance in the engine wiring harness. The fix is to cut out and replace the pins at the connector plug to the engine control unit.

We have done 2 now. 1 on a vito and 1 on a sprinter.

Top Bottom