Advice Please A Class A W169

belucky22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class W169
Wanting to make fairly quick choice, before they're sold between 2011 180 Diesel Manual 49,000 miles on clock.

Reservations - situation with dpf and other diesel associated elements.
keeping reading noisy diesels, any specific info on decibel level compared to petrol.

2012 150 petrol manual 30,000 miles on clock.

Reservations - some reviews that petrol engines are weak.

I know it will come down to test drive but I appreciate longer term view from actual owners.

Help appreciated and listened to.

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Petrol every time (but I am prejudiced). Have driven the petrol version for 10 years. True they are slow off the mark, but fine from 3rd gear and beyond (both mine have been manual).

OP
B

belucky22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class W169
Thanks rhud for your helpful reply. When you say slow of the mark I do wonder if it has any effects on safety when coming out of junctions. The simple answer to it is to exercise sensible decision making. Obviously fine entering dual carriageway/motorway from slip road. Clearly you have not found the engine weak which is reassuring. My preference is for the petrol but wonder if there are any views in favour of diesel ? Thanks again.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can't comment on the manual gearbox, but I would certainly pick petrol, particularly as you say, with the current political winds ...

My A200 is petrol CVT, and in S mode it's pretty nippy ...

OP
B

belucky22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class W169
Thanks GLK. Your view is valued - very much moving to deciding petrol !

Top Bottom