Airbag Recall - Mercedes Exeter

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
My car is part of the Global Takata Air Bag Recall

Went in Yesterday, booked it in March

On Friday I got a call from Exeter MB saying they would have to cancel as they didn't have the control module in. I questioned this module and told them I had had to take a day off work for this, the response was "nothing we can do about that".

15 mins later the same guy called back saying sorry, the car only needs airbags and the appointment was still on, I asked him to confirm the time (11.15 on the E-Mail) and he stated it was a drop in and to have it there by 10AM.

Turned up at 11.15, handed the key over and went off on my bike (lovely ride from Exeter down to Starcross and back with lunch in the "Double Locks"). They called me at 16.00 to say it would be 40 mins so I returned to enjoy a cold San Pellegrino Limonata in the waiting area while wondering why the "Pre Owned" car park is overflowing, while they finished.

Car showed up outside at 5.15 looking like a 3yo had tried to clean it (I asked them not to), the wheels were half clean. Inside both front seats had been moved fully back and the backs put fully upright (Maybe to change the bags in them), the Air con was on full and half the windscreen was covered in finger and palm prints.

My dashcam no longer works (no power).

Standard MB service!!!!

Oh and the snazzy video inspection revealed my rear brake pipes are shot and it is £1500 to replace them

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
My car is part of the Global Takata Air Bag Recall

Went in Yesterday, booked it in March

On Friday I got a call from Exeter MB saying they would have to cancel as they didn't have the control module in. I questioned this module and told them I had had to take a day off work for this, the response was "nothing we can do about that".

15 mins later the same guy called back saying sorry, the car only needs airbags and the appointment was still on, I asked him to confirm the time (11.15 on the E-Mail) and he stated it was a drop in and to have it there by 10AM.

Turned up at 11.15, handed the key over and went off on my bike (lovely ride from Exeter down to Starcross and back with lunch in the "Double Locks"). They called me at 16.00 to say it would be 40 mins so I returned to enjoy a cold San Pellegrino Limonata in the waiting area while wondering why the "Pre Owned" car park is overflowing, while they finished.

Car showed up outside at 5.15 looking like a 3yo had tried to clean it (I asked them not to), the wheels were half clean. Inside both front seats had been moved fully back and the backs put fully upright (Maybe to change the bags in them), the Air con was on full and half the windscreen was covered in finger and palm prints.

My dashcam no longer works (no power).

Standard MB service!!!!

Oh and the snazzy video inspection revealed my rear brake pipes are shot and it is £1500 to replace them
Lucky you didn't pay them!

Garages often disconnect dashcams under the guise of employee privacy, what they really mean is to avoid any embarrassment by becoming You Tube stars....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Complain.

I email to MB UK customer services. They will offer you a voucher.

I had problems with the brake booster recall on my W251 - complained to MB customer services - got 75 quid.

I had problems when they services my W220 - oil ****ing out of filter housing - faulty seal - nothing like checking after they done the work. Complained to dealer directly - got 100 quid voucher.

Both was at MB nottingham.

My snazzy free heath ckeck showed - diesel leak in engine bay (160 to identify plus whats needed) front brakes disks and pad (900 quid). Went home - not a sign of diesl leak anywhere, whipped tyre off front brakes fat as hell as indone them 2 years ago myself.

COMPLAIN

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Complain.

I email to MB UK customer services. They will offer you a voucher.

I had problems with the brake booster recall on my W251 - complained to MB customer services - got 75 quid.

I had problems when they services my W220 - oil ****ing out of filter housing - faulty seal - nothing like checking after they done the work. Complained to dealer directly - got 100 quid voucher.

Both was at MB nottingham.

My snazzy free heath ckeck showed - diesel leak in engine bay (160 to identify plus whats needed) front brakes disks and pad (900 quid). Went home - not a sign of diesl leak anywhere, whipped tyre off front brakes fat as hell as indone them 2 years ago myself.

COMPLAIN

Oh I will be, utterly terrible in all ways

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
What a shame, everything seemed to go fine when I took the ML in for the brake booster recall.

Definitely complain, nothing will improve if the dealer principal is unaware of what is going on.

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What a shame, everything seemed to go fine when I took the ML in for the brake booster recall.

Definitely complain, nothing will improve if the dealer principal is unaware of what is going on.

Truly shocking, Coverdale 2 will be doing the Brake lines (Stupid bloke on reception was fired, lovely lady there now)

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I made an appointment with the dealership for an A service recently, when I turned up, they had no idea who I was, or what had happened to the booking.

They operate a centralised booking service, which under no circumstances communicates with the actual dealership.

To give them credit, they did actually do the work, and sorted the problem I had.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom