am i too low??

S

shaggy

went to merc at bradford the other day to buy some second hand wheels and tyres and the parts manager recons my springs are shot:sad:
my c220d is the esprit model and is supposed to be low but now i look at it it does look a little too low especially on the passenger side
what do you boys think?? pair of springs needed??
just a note when i bought the car the guy who sold me it had just taken a tow bar off
p.s. sorry about the size i can't make them any bigger or they wont upload

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 29
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 30
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 17
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
tell you what. call in at derwent leeds and merccare in pudsey...see if you get 2 different responses...then let us know what they say...

and perhaps i should get out of the back seat?

i once saw something on a prog about suspensions. they took a 33,000mile astra and checked. it was okay but they renewed the suspension and the handling improved dramtically. and it was standard suspension, nowt fancy like.

so i guess at some point it will wear out. it is keeping the damn thing fastened to the road as it is...

OP
S

shaggy

nicky said:
Looks ok ,dont think it is too low as that model was lower than some others...
i know it was low but as the pics show it is very low!
the thing is it don't get any lower as i put weight in it
it just looks very low
and yes slinky it does stick to the tarmac even in the wet:twisted:

niva441

Reaction score
If it's low on one side then it would probably show itself up as pulling to one side when driving.

Park it on the level and measure the distance from the wheel centre to the top of the wheelarch, to confirm how level it is sitting. It was probably never perfect from the factory, but they should be similar from side to side.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom