another paypal scam

turnipsock

Reaction score
actually it's more an ebay scam...

I received two e-mails from two 'potential ebay buyers'. The first was a vauge question about an item that I am selling (not that i'm selling anything). The second was similar but had a link to the 'item'.

When you look at the link, it starts at htps:\\ rather than https:\\

Needless to say when you click this the first thing you are asked is your user name and password. (User name should be spoof@ebay.co.uk probably)

I'm guessing the next question will be to fill in your credit card details...

Attachments

• ebay1.jpg
    ebay1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

190e-nut

Reaction score
I did a little research... barnsley1105 is no longer a registerd user? also the item number does not exist?..so yeah maybe a scammer ..

OP
turnipsock

turnipsock

Reaction score
The question came from 'mezial'. The first question came from 'hankwan'. Both don't exist.

The item date is months ago as well.

It's a scam for sure.

I tried the link from work and it got through to ask me a password and user name for ebay.

However, when I try it on AOL, I get...

Attachments

• ebay2.jpg
    ebay2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 43

mercmonkey

Reaction score
turnipsock said:
The question came from 'mezial'. The first question came from 'hankwan'. Both don't exist.

The item date is months ago as well.

It's a scam for sure.

I tried the link from work and it got through to ask me a password and user name for ebay.

However, when I try it on AOL, I get...

And people say AOL sucks lol

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
I had an enquiry for something I was selling on ebay via my MSN identity and although the question made little sense I actually clicked on the link and entered my name and password.

Didn't think I would ever fall for these scammers as so used to the usual email messages in Pigeon English. Did momentarily fall for this and so immediately went into ebay via google and changed my password. Still unhappy I had not done enough, changed my pseudoynm also.
Had I not realised my mistake I suspect I would have had another email asking for c/c details but probably not immediately. PHEW!

Is everyone being besieged by emails attempting to get their Halifax Bank details, or is it just me? They are wasting their time!

OP
turnipsock

turnipsock

Reaction score
If they spam enough people, they are bound to find somebody that is selling something and thinks its for real.

It's clever in the way that they send you a different e-mail first and you reply to it. When they hit you with the second one, you click the link without really thinking about it.

Harry Hill was caught recently

Stuart, could you post your Halifax details please.

mercmonkey

Reaction score
they can have my halifax details

think they'll clear my overdraft?

Top Bottom