"Approved" tyres

Drivenroundthebenz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 Mercedes SLK 230K w209 CLK 220 cdi Sport Coupe
Hi all
Just checking my contract hire agreement with MB and found the tyre section. It stipulates that the car must be returned with approved tyres.
Ok so what is approved?
The car came with contis but these cost a fortune. Are there any cheaper options that would be "approved" by MB ? Infact is there a list of approved tyres?
Many Thanks

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Conti's are stamped MO, which is Mercedes Original.

I suspect other factory fitted brands will be stamped the same and it's probably this that is being referred to.

N

npuk

Ring the hire company up to check. It may just mean they must be the correct size, load and speed rating for the car as listed in the owners handbook.

Yes there are other brand tyres that are 'MO', both premium and mid range like Kumho but not all will be available for the size and rating your car needs.

amb67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Coupe AMG, E320 CDI (S211), Aprilia RSVR
I run a Mercedes-Benz company vehicle that has a similar clause, I just take it to the tyre place and ask them for MO tyres only as I'm on a contract, never had any issues returning my cars.

HTH

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom