auto gearbox

terryb

Reaction score
I have a 97 R plate c220 diesel with auto 5 speed electronic gearbox and would like to purchase a dipstick for gearbox.Stealership wont sel me one as its a service part for them only to use any help please.Im in kent or London tried german and swedish already.Also stealer ship tells me its special oil for this gearbox is this true only avaliable from mercs.thanks.

guydewdney

Reaction score
Website
www.atct.co.uk
1) be VERY careful about gearbox oil levels - too much can kill the box

2) oil in these things has to be genuine merc oil - 10 quid a litre ish.

3) leave them to the experts if i were u..

4) find another dealer

wingco

Reaction score
I have just bought a gearbox dipstick from my local dealership - part number is w 140 589 15 21 00. Cost me 29quid inc vat. So they can sell them to you!

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Below is a cut and paste and is part of an an article relating to the 722.6 gearbox........note the section regarding the oil level......

.......Checking the fluid is accomplished by breaking off the red locking seal located at the dip stick. the lock is replaced after the oil is checked. Use part number 140-991-00-55 for a new lock. There is no dip stick to check the ATF. You need a special tool to check the fluid on all 722.6 transmissions, part number 140-589-15-21-00. The oil level is a critical factor in transmission shifting. See Service Information 27A95105 for details. When you refill, or check the transmission fluid level make sure that you check the level with the special tool and at the correct temperature. The latest information from Germany is that we should fill the oil to the MAX line. Not overfilled, just maxed out. This is said to improve shift quality. At normal level it is possible for the oil to form air bubbles. The increased level helps to minimize this. You might want to remember to try this on customer complaints involving shift quality before you replace any component. Along with setting the adaptation you would be surprised to see how much of an improvement you will see........

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom