BAS-EBS indicator lamp

wartime

Reaction score
Website
www.barringtonward.com
For some time my indicator lamp pops on unexpectedly then usually stays off when the ignition is switched off. The car is a C200 (previous model) Elegance auto Saloon, (Reg 2000) model having covered 30,000 miles. However, the light is now permanently on but there's been no obvious affects to the normal running of the car. A garage once told me it could be a faulty switch. Can anyone help please, particularly in the location of this switch so that I can possibly replace it.
Barry.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
For some time my indicator lamp pops on unexpectedly then usually stays off when the ignition is switched off. The car is a C200 (previous model) Elegance auto Saloon, (Reg 2000) model having covered 30,000 miles. However, the light is now permanently on but there's been no obvious affects to the normal running of the car. A garage once told me it could be a faulty switch. Can anyone help please, particularly in the location of this switch so that I can possibly replace it.
Barry.

Welcome to the forum,it is normally the Brake light switch that causes this problem,it only cost £9 and easy to fit.

Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just above the brake pedal held on with a 17mm nut

Malcolm

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom