BRAKE PADS

mercedesc220

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

The pad wear indicator light has just come on, Now i know that MB set it so that the light comes on when there is still lots of pad left.
Question is how many miles can i do before i need to change them? :lol:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
not too many - You are probably ok for 3-4 weeks yet - impossible to say as we don't know your driving style, but the when you finally hear the grinding, its already too late. For the cost of a set of pads, it aint worth leaving it. I always get them done within a couple of weeks.

Supercue

Reaction score
Merc dealership said to me that when the indicator lights come on, you have approx 500-700 miles as soon the lights come on

But best all round just to get them done asap and then its sorted...

Pads are considerably cheaper than pads and discs!!

MW

Reaction score
When mine game on I went about 3 weeks but there was quite a lot of material left. Why wait till the grinding starts. Get them done.

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Cost of pads?

Hi All

How much are members paying for their pads and why is it that M-B only quote for front brake pads and not rears which I assume would be the same price?

My local M-B dealer displays a fixed charge of £99, fitted, and inclusive of VAT.

REGARDS Phil

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Cost of pads?

Hi tom7035

That means M-B have greatly inflated their prices by adding in the cost of fitting which currently runs between £80 - 90 per hour.

REGARDS Phil

Banned
Reaction score
When you buy your new brake pads you will also need to purchase the wear indicators also, they are about £1.50 per side.

tom7035

Reaction score
Philharve, Exactly.

(I read the other week MB standard charge for changing 4 spark plugs on a W124 is £100!! At their labour charges it's easy to see why: Time - 0.9 hrs + cost of plugs + VAT. Probably an apprentices job too! Piece of nonsense in my view).

I wish Andy Gayle or someone like him would expand into my area up here!

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom