Breakdown services

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I've taken the plunge and booked my car in for a service at an Indy. They can update the DSB. A7 service plus brake fluid change £380.
I'll lose Mobilo breakdown cover so I think it's prudent to get some sort of rescue package.
I don't want to spend a lot or I might as well have stuck with the MB servicing.
I'd be happy to look at your recommendations.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I use TopCashback and usually alternate between AA or RAC each year. I have the relay to anywhere I want - although experience is that you’ll get shunted between a few different recovery trucks until you finally get to where you want… (They’re all like that)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
I also alternate between AA & RAC, that way you get a much better price. You might get free cover with your bank account. I use to with an old account, but it only covered cars up to 10 years old, so be careful.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I've taken the plunge and booked my car in for a service at an Indy. They can update the DSB. A7 service plus brake fluid change £380.
I'll lose Mobilo breakdown cover so I think it's prudent to get some sort of rescue package.
I don't want to spend a lot or I might as well have stuck with the MB servicing.
Check to see if you have something with you bank or credit cards already, they are surprisingly good I’ve found previously

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Problem is, unless you break down regularly, you don't really get to know how good your chosen recovery service is. On that basis I usually go for who ever has an offer on when I renew (currently with Green Flag).

OP
s5tuart

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Problem is, unless you break down regularly, you don't really get to know how good your chosen recovery service is. On that basis I usually go for who ever has an offer on when I renew (currently with Green Flag).
Good point. My car is maintained regardless of cost so I'm hoping that the likelihood of a breakdown is slim.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
So true. Apart from a suddenly dead battery I haven't used them in over 30 years, though I know what will happen the first time I don't renew!

I try to have my insurance & breakdown cover with the same company if I can, to reduce any problems if I have an accident & need both. I have both with RAC at the moment. But only if it ends up as the cheapest package. Who knows where I'll be after my renewal.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Apparently if you do service your car outside of a main MB dealer and as long as your last service was by a MB main dealer Mobilo breakdown wont be lost, if you had it in the first place. That's what it says in the small print in the terms and conditions of Mobilo on the last SLK we had. ;)
However they may try to wriggle out of it but wording on the t and c's is always good to resort back to when given a hard time.
Anyway you have a nice Mercedes........Break down, yer right.......:D

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
how does Mobilio have the advantage over others. From what I've gleaned here, they take it to Mercedes for repair .... £££££s and you're only covered for the car breaking down, so if the breakdown is your trailer/caravan you're not covered.

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Have a look at Green Flag- Euro Plus, I’m with them since 2011 (I haven’t use them yet) and the level of cover is the best on the market, in my opinion. Like yours, my car is maintained regardless of cost and I’m travelling a lot around and abroad, so really don’t fancy to be stranded somewhere. Like a plus, 5 members of your family or friends are covered at the same level like you (only in UK). If you’re passenger in someone else’s car, that car is covered on that occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Alternator failure on the ML at the Glenshee Ski Centre in December. First time in many years I have had to call on the AA. It was an 8hr wait in freezing conditions before anyone came to look at the car. Even then his multimeter wouldn’t work and I had to lend him mine. But they are the only company that don’t have a vehicle age requirement.

Denis O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230
My bank, Barclays, recently stopped providing breakdown cover with the bank account, so I did a lot of research. Personal cover for me and SWMBO with LV was the best option.
Most have age restrictions which mean the SL wouldn't be covered 2005. The other 2 are both 2017 so no problem.

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
I use the AA out of habit. Although I do like that I can freeze my Membership for 3 months when I go away for the winter. Don't use them often but the couple of times I have in the last couple of years they have been good.

If you shop at Tesco you can use tesco clubcard points towards RAC membership

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
We had good experiences with Green Flag when a misfuelling happened. They don't cover cars over 16 years old though, which caught us out...

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a MB alpha numeric list of what these services entail?

I’ve been with the RAC for decades and called them out once for a no start on the OM613 which was air in the LP fuel lines. I buy personal cover (applies to any vehicle) through Aviva and the deal seems very good value £95 for everything other than breakdown in Europe.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom