Buy 350SL??

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynch Williams

Help! I've fallen in love with a 1980 350SL - Vreg - convertible two seat auto. It has hard and soft tops and seems, outwardly, to be in very good condition. 62,000 miles with all old receipts and MOTs so mileage seems genuine. Asking price is £9.5k but will take an offer. What should I look out for? There's no smoke or knocking but that's almost the extent of my MB technical knowledge! Drives beautifully. If I get it wrong, the little woman will kill me as I already have a Harley Davidson that takes up most of the Lord's day in spannerdom! Your advice appreciated and very much in demand.
Thanks, Pete.

dave elcome

Reaction score
Lynch.

There is an obvious answer here, Sell the Harley, buy the Merc!!

PS In my biking days i never liked Harleys!!

OP
L

Lynch Williams

I can only sell the bits that haven't fallen off it yet. Yesterday was a good example when I pulled up outside the local dealership - and the side-stand fell off. I had to sit there looking sheepish whilst someone went to fetch a mechanic for me as there wasn't a handy post to lean the thing agin'!
Pete.

Anthony Banos

Reaction score
Pete,

With that budgetary allocation, would suggest the 380 SL. By far a superior car. alloy engine and body parts, or even a 420. There are good examples on the January issue of Mercedes Owner magazine.

OP
L

Lynch Williams

Thanks Anthony - I'll try and find a copy. Good man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom