C Class springs

Steve Taxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222
Two of my cars are C class esprit estates and because they have lower ride height the ride quality is not good, has anybody changed the esprit springs for elegance spec to improve comfort, any idea where I could get the springs, Ive tried euro car parts with no joy, thanks Steve.

S

shaggy

Steve Taxi said:
Two of my cars are C class esprit estates and because they have lower ride height the ride quality is not good, has anybody changed the esprit springs for elegance spec to improve comfort, any idea where I could get the springs, Ive tried euro car parts with no joy, thanks Steve.
dont know if this is relevent to you but the springs for my 86 300d were only a few pounds cheaper than merc dealer at gsf and they match them to the car with your chassis number(that is of course if it aplies to your car m8)so dealer is worth a try :grin:

OP
S

Steve Taxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222
Checked prices and supply of springs at aftermarket shops and got nowhere, local main dealer was suprisingly helpful and have ordered 4 elegance springs cost £90 + vat, I will post again when the jobs done, Steve.

numbnuts

Banned
Reaction score
Check the rubbers that are at the top of the springs and count the nipple on them to make sure they are not different to the elegance they are only about £5 each

OP
S

Steve Taxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222
Have replaced the springs on one of the esprits today and its just how I wanted it, it took the dealer 2 goes at getting the elegance springs but they got there in the end, got me esprit ones first the same as I already had, anyway does anyone want a set of esprit springs to go the other way, lower, free if you swap for elegance or classic set, because ive got another one to do!!

EDIT PM steve if you fancy his offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom